PDA

View Full Version : Why am I suddenly being moderated?

Linda01818
05-07-14, 16:00
I've tried to post twice now and it says my post will be visible once it's "approved" and I've also noticed posts appearing and then disappearing in one of my threads.

What's up?

nomorepanic
05-07-14, 16:03
All posts that mention suicide are moderated before being allowed on the forum.

I will have a look at yours for you

Linda01818
05-07-14, 16:09
Oh! My goodness, sorry, I didn't know that. It was just a comment that because I think about death a lot (like many people with panic and anxiety do) it doesn't mean I think about... umm, that "s" word (afraid of being moderated again).

I can word it differently if you need me to. Sorry :(

nomorepanic
05-07-14, 16:12
It's fine Linda - the posts have been approved now.

It is ok to say you were feeling suicidal - it is just the graphic posts we get sometimes about how people are going to do it that we like to moderate.

Linda01818
05-07-14, 16:34
Yes, I completely understand. In which case those people need to be directed towards help.

My first post was all that needed to be posted, so if both of them are there, I may go ahead and delete the 2nd one, if I'm able.

Thank you.

AnxietyDJ
21-07-14, 13:29
Ah, I just had the same thing happen with one of my posts... That makes sense :)

AnxietyDJ
21-07-14, 20:24
Oops.. Didn't realise that if I edited my post it would have to be re-moderated... Sorry!!

venusbluejeans
21-07-14, 20:32
I have let it through again :D

lior
25-07-14, 09:14
Hi, same thing with me... I wrote a post last night that was really helpful for me and I made sure it didn't break the rules. Please could you approve it? Or if you can't, please tell me where I went wrong and send me the text back?

lior
26-07-14, 10:03
Hey - should I avoid the s word so that posts get approved automatically? I promise to never graphically describe hurting myself.

Pipkin
26-07-14, 15:30
There's no problem describing suicidal thoughts and how you feel - the moderation is only in place as we sometimes have posts which talk about suicide plans and can be very graphic. These breach the forum rules and won't be approved.

Having posts moderated isn't a problem - it just means you will have to wait a while until one of us approves it. If you choose to avoid using specific words, that's your call.

Pip