PDA

View Full Version : Vision Symptoms

joseph0228
05-07-14, 17:49
I'm hoping someone can identify with or possibly even explain this to me ...

I've been under the impression that a lot of visual disturbances lately, not as in hallucinations but in light flashes. I've been reading a lot regarding floaters and spots in vision but this is not what I am experiencing precisely.

When looking at a screen and blinking, I see a flash of light. If it is a white screen, such as when looking at a light background on the computer, I will see a flash of black, as if I can see my eyes close for that brief second -- which I've never noticed before, of course. What's even more bothersome, though, is that when watching TV in a dark room, I will see a flash of light when I blink. It is not a bright blinding flash but more like a streak of light. If only happens if the room I am in is dim or dark.

I've been obsessing over this. At first I thought it could be my eyelashes (they were very long from eyedrops I had taken in the past) but trimming them made no difference. I've been using moisture drops in case they are dry to no difference. I quit taking the decongestants I've been on for the past month, though I doubt this is it, because I am fully hydrated.

When you are watching TV and you squint your eyes, you notice the blurring effect -- streaks of light appearing above and below. This is what it will look like in the middle of the screen when I blink. Sorry if I'm not being detailed enough ... does anyone else experience this. I visited an optometrist a few weeks ago and he said my eyes were normal, though I didn't go into detail with the symptoms. I'm thinking about scheduling an appointment with an opthamologist. If there is an issue it seems like it would be with my eyelids and not my eyes, which seems absurd.

Yossino
06-07-14, 10:47
Sometimes I get a pressure in my eyes feeling accompanied by flashes of light. Might be optic fluid pressure or blood vessels maybe. You should get an apt with a ophthalmologist to be safe.

Ronno
06-07-14, 13:48
Joseph hi,
I've posted on here many times concerning this subject. 20yrs ago I had my first optic migraine, didn't know why it just happened, years later had another one, again once I found out what it was I relaxed. Then after my wife was ill back came my full blown anxiety (it had been under control for years) but now I'm afraid of optic migraines ? I'm constantly looking for the start of one (a blind spot ) now I get flashes especially looking at a bright surface, bright spots , after images , dislike of bright light, floaters, coloured spots and sparks, I've had my eyes tested regular no problems, I think it's over attention ,
Hope this helps