PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Symptoms Changing????

Nicoleeo
05-07-14, 19:36
Hi, all! I have not been around for awhile. Since my last mvisit, I have been put on a couple of different medications. I am a low dose of fluoxetine (10mg) and metoprolol, a beta blocker (50mg). A lot of what I knew were anxiety symptoms have subsided. However, I am now plagued with new symptoms that I am not so sure are anxiety. I am experiencing a lot of fatigue, numbness and weakness in legs, feelings of needle prick sensations all over my body, itching, icepick headaches (I am a migraine sufferer). I am unsure if my anxiety is causing these symptoms or if these symptoms are causing anxiety. Is anxiety some sort of evil shape shifter? I am working on breaking it off with Dr. Google. The diagnoses I get from him are never good. I am wondering if in all of my research of my symptoms that resulted in lupus, ms, brain tumor, Parkinson's, ALS results I read/skimmed over these symptoms in the past and then my brain and anxiety created them for me. Is that a possibility? I was at my doctor 2 weeks ago. He told me that I am healthy, suggested my meditation mantra be "I am healthy. I am safe. I am free," and sent me on my way. I feel like now that I have been diagnosed with anxiety that I will forever be brushed off by health care professionals of having anything wrong with me. I wish that he would run the tests for what I fear I have so that I have some peace of mind that I am in fact healthy, safe and free. Right now I feel that I am sick, in danger, and held captive. I appreciate any feedback. Hope you are all having a lovely day.

Neon
05-07-14, 19:51
It is possible your brain is causing these things. It's also possible you're picking up on normal body behaviours through fear (self preservation). I also share the fear that no one is taking me seriously or is putting me at risk. I have to be very sensible with the things I ask the doctor for because I KNOW some of it must be in my imagination. I have a lump- it's scar tissue. Possibly a wart. But I'm lost in fear that it's cancer if course. But because I know it's scar tissue I can ask the dr to look into that first rather then tell him I have cancer. I also ask myself am I sick right now? Is this affecting my living ability right now? Am I dying right now? And if my symptoms are bad enough to actually stop me from getting up out of bed then I don't consider them bad enough to tell a dr just yet. I'm being what I consider arrogant with time. I believe that if it's something really serious then it will get worse and symptoms will become clearer and I am more likely to get diagnosed. If it's not serious then the symptoms will go or change. Being arrogant and taking a risk with my health (as I see it) is the hard part. But I need to do it to feel like I've got any sense of control over my life again. Learning how to respect what I think is so so so hard.

nomorepanic
05-07-14, 20:53
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Danuella
10-07-14, 22:07
I think it's normal for anxiety to "change@.Ive had it for over 25 years and in the past year or so have had alot of stomach issues,had lots of tests and its taken me a while to figure it's anxiety,yet some symptoms I used to get I don't have anymore,strange.

HalfJack
11-07-14, 00:42
Definitely normal for them to change, not saying it is down to your anxiety but it's a possibility.
I've been using this site since march and I think I've come across a fair few talking about this, and people usually reply by chatting about how annoying it is! so don't worry you're not alone.

The important thing to remember is that what you find on google isn't going to be accurate, EVERYTHING is a symptom of cancer according to google! Things like dehydration, anxiety, working too hard, common cold, poor diet, lack of sleep, intolerances etc are rarely going to come up in a symptom search, and those are all completely manageable and very common reasons for being under the weather x