PDA

View Full Version : do I push or let it go ?

Toniandhollie
06-07-14, 15:03
Right, last one from me, I've certainly got lots of food for thought, so thanks for your help ...

Yesterday me and Hols went out, just to a garden centre, bit of a look round and cake and had afternoon. Today we were going to go to town, a bit of retail therapy, but she didn't fancy it, so I just popped to ASDA for a few bits and pieces.

She'd had a good sleep, up, washed and dressed at a reasonable hour, happy and loving, which was lovely. BUT ...would it have been better if I'd pushed her to go shopping or at least to ASDA? Probably different for everyone, but any opinions on what might or might not make you feel worse - or better for that matter, gratefully received.

Understand if that's a big ask though ....

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

just to qualify why i asked this, my instinct was just to pop to the shop and not push it. Which I did and Hol baked some cakes while i was gone. But with school/council etc seriously making me doubt my instincts this year, I wasn't sure. Also she's sees a guy and does CBT, working through a book called Thrive. This week included collusion, so basically, she's my child and scared of something so my natural instinct is to protect her and say she doesn't have to do it, whilst done with the best of intentions, I'm actually making things worse.. I think that's what it meant ...

Catherine S
06-07-14, 19:41
It must be quite confusing for you really because she might not have fancied going for the same reasons anybody else doesn't always fancy doing something, even after planning it. Ive done this and not for any other reason than I just didn't fancy it that day. She managed the garden centre the day before so I wouldn't stress about the shopping trip, as she seems to be doing ok :)

ISB x

Rennie1989
06-07-14, 19:56
I hated going food shopping with my mum, not as interesting as garden or clothes shopping! I hardly ever went food shopping, and even as a married woman I still hate it now. I wouldn't think too deeply into it, like ISB said she went shopping with you the day before and she sounds proactive so, to me, it sounds fine.

Toniandhollie
06-07-14, 21:13
thankyou, going with my instincts then, i think she just didn't want to, no more no less, had a lovely day at home instead

Catherine S
06-07-14, 21:22
Exactly :)

AnxietyDJ
06-07-14, 22:18
Hi Toni, as the others said, there could be a whole bunch of different reasons, from the simple fact that it's not 'cool' to go shopping with her mum now :shades: , through to being worried about going out in public... As long as she's happy though, that's all that counts :)

Glad to hear you've had a good day though!