PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out about DVT please help me

CheesinIndian
07-07-14, 03:59
Im freaking out right now about DVT and need some opinions and advice.

I am 23, have no family history of clots, dont smoke, play video games a lot but am generally active, have some vericose or spider veins on the outside of my right thigh.

After working out yesterday I noticed some pain on the outside of my thigh right where my vericose or spider veins are. The pain is not constant but when I move a certain way it is a sharp pain right where the veins are located. I am freaking out about it because I am a hypochondriac of sorts. Everyone in my family thinks im crazy and wont listen to me. Also I have had pain in my right buttock too, its normally when I am sitting in my bed for extended periods and it hurts when I get up but goes away after a while. But the pain in my outer thigh seems to be worse at night too.

Please help, Im really scared.

Catherine S
07-07-14, 11:41
Ive had a patch of spider veins on the outside of my left calf since I was in my early 20's and still have them now in my 60s. The patch is about 2 inches across and it seems to have stayed the same size all these years but they can ache and can give me pain from time to time, in much the same way as the bigger knobbly varicose veins can and at night they would be more painful after mobility during the day aggravating them. Ive never bothered to have mine treated because they're not too troublesome, although I may have done if they had spread more perhaps. The pain in your buttock is normal too, especially after sitting for a while...a 'numb bum cheek' is normal yes.

ISB x