PDA

View Full Version : high heart rate after eating?

starfire
07-07-14, 05:28
every night when I have my dinner lately, my heart rate shoots up to 100 or so. I can feel it THUD in my chest for hours.

anyone else get this? i never used to!! But maybe I am focusing in on it more now. Plus on thyroid meds now (hypo), maybe has something to do with it?

ahhh convince me my heart is ok! :scared15:

CheesinIndian
07-07-14, 05:36
Yes! I posted about the same thing a while back! Its no cause for concern, heartrate naturally rises in the evening and eating causes blood to diverted to the stomach for digestion so that naturally makes your heart work harder. Smaller meal equal less of a rise, and the thyroid medicine will make it rise too.

starfire
07-07-14, 05:38
Yes! I posted about the same thing a while back! Its no cause for concern, heartrate naturally rises in the evening and eating causes blood to diverted to the stomach for digestion so that naturally makes your heart work harder. Smaller meal equal less of a rise, and the thyroid medicine will make it rise too.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:
you're awesome thank you
i did eat a big meal haha

Daisy Sue
08-07-14, 01:23
Hi Starfire - I also posted about the same thing some time back... After weeks of palpitations and ectopics (and getting the monitor & seeing a cardio), one of the things I eventually figured was that I had palps every single evening, started having smaller meals, and made sure I sat up straight or leant to my right side, and it made a massive difference. Even now, if I have an upset upper tummy or eat stodgy food, it sets my heart off again.

I think a lot of people have the same stomach/heart issue too.

Also, if you drink caffeinated drinks such as diet coke, stop! That was my most regular trigger, and again took me some time to realise. I've not had proper coke for months now, and also drink decaf tea and coffee.

AnxietyDJ
08-07-14, 01:27
I get the same thing... Especially after a big meal :) Nothing to worry about at all (easy to say that now... I used to freak out!).

Hope everyone is doing well today!

ankietyjoe
08-07-14, 10:20
Same here.

Happens all the time! :yesyes: <----- No wait :doh: