PDA

View Full Version : not sure i can do this any longer !!

crosser
07-07-14, 09:44
hi all... just after some advice please, im agoraphobic and suffer with severe anxiety and panic attacks... we have had to put our house on the market as can no longer afford the upkeep and need to downsize... im really now panicking about the viewings etc as the thought of people coming into my safe zone fills me with sheer terror... im a wreck and my wife is now starting to get sick of the situation... im in the middle of a med change to seroxat so im very unsettled and stomach is giving me problems.... ive been prescribed lorazopam but they dont seem to help with the anxiety... i just dont no what to do anymore.. suicide just keeps creeping up in my thoughts as ive been like this for last 10 years and no meds or councillling makes any difference... im just so fed up with living like this ......

willitstop
07-07-14, 12:30
Im sorry to read you are going through a tough patch :(
i wish i could offer you some advice but i cant. I just want you to know your not alone

Catherine S
07-07-14, 13:57
Hi Crosser...I would say alot of people even without anxiety and panic would feel the same having strangers poking around their homes so its not unusual to feel like that to be honest. Can you not have one of those open viewing days when everybody comes on one day and the agent does all the work? Is your agoraphobia too severe to go maybe to a friend or family member for the day with your wife? If not just remember, viewers will only be in your house for a very short time and probably feel as uncomfortable as you, so just take a deep breath when they arrive...you'll be fine....just got to get throught the packing and moving then :)

ISB x

JustJay
08-07-14, 17:21
Crosser, I wrote a huge post to help you and it never saved. If you wanna talk pm me mate. I've been where you are. Nuff said.