PDA

View Full Version : Spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid leak??

Dan21
07-07-14, 20:01
Hello all.

For the last three days, I've had a couple of times where a yellowy-clear water like fluid has run out of my left nostril. I'm not in any pain in my sinuses nor does this stuff smell bad like there's an infection. It's only happened a couple of times and each times there have been only five or six drops or so come out.

Stupidly I Googled and I found this can be symptomatic of a cerebrospinal fluid leak, which has got me a bit anxious. I haven't had any sort of head or face injury, but I do get bad hay fever (which the doctor is treating me with Fexofenadine). My wife thinks I probably have a sinus infection but I'm a bit concerned that if it is some kind of leak, there is an increased risk of meningitis.

I wondered if anyone else has had similar symptoms to my own?

Thanks in advance.

D21

venusbluejeans
09-07-14, 23:43
strangely I googled and found sinus infection first and not cerebal fluid.

proves I guess that it is how you google if you do chose to google makes a big difference. add the word NHS to what you are googling or just look at other reputable sites... but really don't google and visit the dr instead if yo are worried

Catherine S
09-07-14, 23:56
And your hay fever can result in rhinitis which can produce watery fluid, the colour probably comes from gunky stuff already present in your nasal tubes.

ISB x