PDA

View Full Version : Terrified my teeth are going to fall out.

louise0501
08-07-14, 03:15
Hi there, for a while now my teeth have been bothering me. The last time i went to the dentist was in march as a filling had come out so she did the filling but it seems like the filling is slightly wonky which is annoying. Lately my teeth have been very sensitive which is worrying me and today my two top front teeth feel very weird like they are vibrating and im terrified they are going to fall out. I bleed when i brush as well which is worrying me which i told the dentist about but she didnt say to much about it. Im so scared something serious is wrong. Can anyone relate to this? Anyone had any weird sensations like im getting?

Please Reply
Love Louise

swanick15
08-07-14, 04:00
If you have bleeding gums when you brush then you have gingivitis or gum disease which means your gums are inflamed and if you look in a mirror they may appear red from inflammation. Gingivitis can cause teeth to loosen and so they may wobble which would explain that. Your sensitivity sound like it is causes by gingival recession meaning that the gums have recessed and exposed nerve endings in teeth meaning that they will become very sensitive , this is also caused by gingivitis. Mention both of these to your dentist as untreated gingivitis can lead to tooth loss on years to come as well as further gum recession and more sensitivity without treatment so speak to your dentist as soon as possible otherwise you may need a bridge or even false teeth in the future. Hope this helps and bleeding gums aren't generally an indicator of serious disease, what you describe is very highly indicative of gingivitis.

Brunette
08-07-14, 08:41
Healthy gums don't bleed. And, as Aaron says, sensitivity can also be a sign of gingivitis - although some people do have naturally sensitive teeth.

Ask for an appointment with the hygienist and go at least every six months or as often as they recommend after that.

Also, if your filling is in any way uncomfortable (stopping you teeth meeting properly for example) the dentist should file it down for for you and you shouldn't have to pay.

KeeKee
08-07-14, 08:56
Have you changed the way you brush your teeth?
I was at the dentist in March and was advices I wasn't flossing correctly. I was shown how to do it properly and he said ny gums will bleed until I am used to it.

unsure_about_this
08-07-14, 20:56
Hi

I also worried about my teeth falling out, got a very difficult mouth clean.

I agree with others about mention it to the dentist next time you go for your appointment, if you are worried try to book an appointment as soon a possible so your dentist can check if you got any problems.

Have you tried changing your toothbrush to something a bit softer or an electric toothbrush, I am unsure whether a different toothpaste like a sensitive may help.

My dentist tells me about the reason my gums sometimes bleed, sometimes i do it to hard, and plaque bleed up.

Good luck

louise0501
08-07-14, 22:33
I looked at my gums and they look a little white above the teeth is that normal? Can you reccommend a good mouthwash that might improve my gum health?

Please reply
Love louise

swanick15
08-07-14, 22:48
That's a sign of inflammation from gingivitis.

louise0501
08-07-14, 23:27
So it seems i have gingivitis does that mean my teeth are going to fall out soon? Im really scared now. Can you reccommend any treatments for it? Anyone had gingivitis? Im so terrified.

Please reply
Love louise

nomorepanic
08-07-14, 23:34
No your teeth won't fall out. Have you self-diagnosed this or a dentist told you that you had it?

Fishmanpa
08-07-14, 23:34
So it seems i have gingivitis does that mean my teeth are going to fall out soon? Im really scared now. Can you reccommend any treatments for it? Anyone had gingivitis? Im so terrified.

Please reply
Love louise

Hi Louise,

First off, your teeth aren't going to just start falling out or end up in a sticky bun when you eat them. Getting a good cleaning is essential and regular follow ups as well. Flossing every day and brushing a minimum 2X a day with a good fluoride toothpaste is the norm. They make fluoride rinses that help remove particles and help with gum and oral health. The mouth and gums being always moist take a bit longer to heal so don't expect results overnight. Following what is mentioned here as well as any advice/recommendations from your dentist is prudent.

Good luck and positive thoughts

louise0501
08-07-14, 23:40
Well i have all the symptoms. Last time i went to dentist and she said i had a lot of plaque and tar tar so she cleaned them. I just know somethings not right.

Lobe louise

nomorepanic
09-07-14, 00:08
Go back to the dentist and ask them

Brunette
09-07-14, 10:30
Gingivitis is reversible with proper management from the hygienist.

I would suggest you change your dental surgery though - it doesn't seem as if he/she is very bothered about something that does sound as if it needs treatment.