PDA

View Full Version : ran out of sertraline- moved locations- help!

mgw
08-07-14, 10:08
Hi wondering if anyone can help me!

I've been on Sertraline tablets for about 5 months now for anxiety, depression, panic attacks, OCD.

I've moved home from university, and along the way have lost my last prescription some how.

I've now run out of tablets, had my last one today. Went to the doctors to register- said I wont be registered for two days and will take 6 weeks before they can get my records and prescribe me anything!

I have no idea what I'm gonna do, has anyone got any ideas about how I can get this prescription in a different location?!

Thanks!

LucyR
08-07-14, 10:24
Hi, I would go back to the health centre or pharmacy which refused you the prescription as I know they can be very awkward to deal with.

They don't appear to communicate properly with each other and the patients suffer the consequences.

Phone or go back to the pharmacy or telephone the doctor to explain and you will eventually get them in a couple of days at latest.

wabbit1
08-07-14, 12:35
I'd get back in touch with them and ask to speak to, or see, a doctor. When I've moved doctor I've never had to wait 6 weeks to order a prescription, I have asthma so I have inhalers and they ask me what inhalers I had.

James3hr
13-07-14, 11:17
thats messed up, go to another doctor another facility and demand your pills, withdrawals can be bad

teej
14-07-14, 16:21
I ended up hospitalized with the withdrawal - I tapered down from 100mg to nothing over 4 days and it didn't end nicely. Take care of yourself and do everything you can to ensure you get the right treatment. Good luck.

mgw
15-07-14, 13:17
Thanks everyone! Manage to get a packet with old packaging and a different doctors surgery! Thinking of withdrawing my application to join the original one as I really was not happy with that surgery!