PDA

View Full Version : Come off 9 weeks ago cold turkey.

KeeKee
08-07-14, 14:57
I have been on PaxilProgress very recently for some support and almost everybody on there is saying that I should reinstate and taper. I really do not want to as I have come this far and feel quite good considering I am med free.
They also said that weight gain would come off but if you cold turkey it will take a lot longer if at all.

I seriously don't know what to do, surely I would have had even some withdrawal by now (I do get the odd bit of parasthesia and had 2 weeks of hell in the beginning, but am feeling very positive at the minute).

Anyone cold turkeyed from this or any other SSRI? Even if I do get withdrawal maybe I can overcome it if my partner supports me through it?

Other side effects of Paroxetine which have made me want to stay off include complete loss of libido and apathy. These are total deal breakers especially apathy as I have not been a mother to my 7 year old hardly at all this year.

KeeKee
08-07-14, 20:49
Anyone?

Consider
09-07-14, 05:38
I would wait until any withdrawal effects come, if you aren't feeling anything out of the ordinary, then it's safe to say you don't have to do anything at this point. I am on Paxil right now and haven't quit, but if you aren't feeling anything by now, I would say you are safe. If depression or anxiety kicks in, then I would suggest a taper from there. Good luck :)

KeeKee
09-07-14, 07:44
Thank you very much consider. I think I will continue doing as I am and then sort something out when and if the time comes :-)

Emphyrio
10-07-14, 00:59
Have you possibly considered reinstating a smaller dose - e.g. 5mg or 10mg just to be on the safe side? I've heard some horror stories about people getting hit with hellish withdrawal a few months down the line. I'm currently experiencing ssri protracted withdrawal/adverse reaction myself and it isn't nice...

KeeKee
10-07-14, 16:33
I have considered it but feel like 9 weeks is a long time just to do it all again. Plus I have did quite a bit of research and the majority of people usually get the start of withdrawal in the first 4 week's.
I was only on 8 months so hopefully that will mean less chance of possible withdrawal.
Thank you for your response.

KeeKee
25-07-14, 21:11
Well it's been almost 12 weeks and I still feel OK.
Am feeling a little muscle weakness (although I can still lift things etc so it must be all in my mind), wondering if this is due to coming off the meds. Otherwise I am starting to worry about MND or MS etc :-(
I will give it time though as lots of people on PaxilProgress report muscle weakness due to withdrawal (I noticed this whilst actually on Paroxetine but never before).