PDA

View Full Version : red specks in poo

newborn
08-07-14, 17:26
normally didn't really check poo, you know when you gotta go, you go.. wipe and flush, this time around I checked noticed something red or something, i shrugged it off as food I have ate, as I do eat many red type of food, anyway I checked again today, and noticed few little red looking specks, here comes the sick bit... I took it out and looked it stunned thinking what it could, I broke it in half, and doesn't appear to be inside, it only seems to appear on the outside of the stool, I do admit, as being 21 year old male I used to eat tons of junk food, crisps etc just recently I have started to not eat as much etc, I did an other poo just recent, but it was only a really small I mean very small piece of stool, never noticed any red in it, but noticed something black so I did take it out.. EWWW, and when I felt around it felt like something solid..it looked like some sort of onion or some sort. anyway, red specks have freaked me out.

AnxietyDJ
08-07-14, 18:10
It'll most likely just be something you ate... I'm obviously not a medical professional, so if you are worried then please see your doctor, but i'm pretty certain that if it was blood etc. it would be pretty obvious.

Take care of yourself!

AnxietySufferer
08-07-14, 18:23
It will be good! The amount of times I have had the same worry is ridiculous, I obsessed over it for months untill I finally put together what I had eaten!

newborn
08-07-14, 18:25
It will be good! The amount of times I have had the same worry is ridiculous, I obsessed over it for months untill I finally put together what I had eaten!

I never drink water, and I am drinking water start of today, normally I am type of person who doesn't really chew the food correctly, normally in the mouth chew twice and done it goes, I assume your meant to chew more than 2 times to break down the food so the digest is eaiser

Fishmanpa
08-07-14, 18:27
I took it out and looked it stunned thinking what it could, I broke it in half.....I did take it out.. EWWW, and when I felt around it felt like something solid..it looked like some sort of onion or some sort. anyway, red specks have freaked me out.

:huh: :lac: :eek: Things that make you go "Nope!... uh uh... no way!"

I've seen some poo threads on these boards but.......... Where's Skippy when you need him? ;)

Newborn, not all poo is brown and there are many things that pass through us undigested (eat any corn lately?). I'm sure all is well but if need be, see a doctor for a stool test and leave your poo on the bowl!

Positive thoughts

AnxietyDJ
08-07-14, 18:29

I've seen some poo threads on these boards but..........

Haha, that made me chuckle (as do a lot of your posts!!) :D

newborn
08-07-14, 18:30

I've seen some poo threads on these boards but.......... Where's Skippy when you need him? ;)

Newborn, not all poo is brown and there are many things that pass through us undigested (eat any corn lately?). I'm sure all is well but if need be, see a doctor for a stool test and leave your poo on the bowl!

Positive thoughts

my whole stool was light brown colour, what I hear is the normal healthy colour. its just specks of red I saw today., basically, I do eat lots of ketchup with my food and now and then strawberries and sometimes tomatoes, and about to eat lol spaghetti bolognese

AnxietyDJ
08-07-14, 18:32
my whole stool was light brown colour, what I hear is the normal healthy colour. its just specks of read I saw today., basically, I do eat lots of ketchup with my food and now and then strawberries and sometimes tomatoes, and about to eat lol spaghetti bolognese

Try not to worry - as has been commented on before, we pass a lot of stuff through our bodies that comes out in our stools, so it'll be fine...

If you are really concerned though, please go to see a medical professional who can put you at ease.

Take care of yourself!

Fishmanpa
08-07-14, 18:32
I once equated my bathroom adventures as akin to that of a cat. You know... when they poo, they come bolting out of the litter box to get away from the stench as quick as possible? That's me! I can't stand myself sometimes let alone closely examine anything in the bowl! ~lol~

I have to go for a colonoscopy soon and I pity the poor camera!

Positive thoughts

AnxietyDJ
08-07-14, 18:35
I once equated my bathroom adventures as akin to that of a cat. You know... when they poo, they come bolting out of the litter box to get away from the stench as quick as possible? That's me! I can't stand myself sometimes let alone closely examine anything in the bowl! ~lol~

I have to go for a colonoscopy soon and I pity the poor camera!

Positive thoughts

Haha!!

That doesn't sound too fun... Hope it all goes well for you (and the camera) :)

newborn
08-07-14, 23:24
Haha!!

That doesn't sound too fun... Hope it all goes well for you (and the camera) :)

Update: I did an other poo, and for some odd reason its only coming out small ish and not a normal sized poo, also still has lots of red looking specks.

nomorepanic
08-07-14, 23:35
What is a normal sized poo ? No such thing

Tomatoes will cause this

newborn
08-07-14, 23:42

Tomatoes will cause this

I thought thin small poos can be a sign of colon cancer?> basically this poo was basic really small with some extra blobs, with red specks. props cancer I guess. I have saw red I have had a poo twice today, both small, with red specks.

Fishmanpa
08-07-14, 23:42

Tomatoes will cause this

When my son was three, he left a log so big it put me to shame! I had to break it in two just to get it to flush! On the same subject, I've pooped some the size of marbles so go figure!

Positive thoughts and poo threads

swanick15
09-07-14, 06:23
When my son was three, he left a log so big it put me to shame! I had to break it in two just to get it to flush! On the same subject, I've pooped some the size of marbles so go figure!

I nearly wet myself laughing at what you about your son's log, happens to every father eventually and the small turds can happen when your constipated and heres a good question, how can you define the perfect turd? They come in all shapes and sizes!

ItchyOne
09-07-14, 10:21
Are you suspecting that those red specks are blood spots? I had that experience before... twice. I panicked of course, but it turns out to be anal fissure the first time, and the second time was caused by haemorrhoids. I had a ligation done, and decided to keep to a very disciplined morning bowel schedule. No issues since. :)

newborn
09-07-14, 12:37
just had an other Poo this one was more kinda of a darker brown, and was really soggy and mushy... I noticed black bits, and they where solid pieces... that looked like onion or something.. , did notice a red bit, that was also solid.. my poo is acting weird, I just want a normal one for once );

Fishmanpa
09-07-14, 13:13
heres a good question, how can you define the perfect turd? They come in all shapes and sizes!

According to my Bristol Stool Chart Coffee Mug (Yes, because of this site and all the poo threads, I just HAD to have one!), anything between a 3 and a 4 is the ideal poo :yesyes:

Positive thoughts

newborn
09-07-14, 13:42
According to my Bristol Stool Chart Coffee Mug (Yes, because of this site and all the poo threads, I just HAD to have one!), anything between a 3 and a 4 is the ideal poo :yesyes:

Positive thoughts

poo I had this morning, didn't have the normal poo shape if I am honest it looked like mash potato ... and sorry if that puts you off mash potato for life (;

Fishmanpa
09-07-14, 15:24
poo I had this morning, didn't have the normal poo shape if I am honest it looked like mash potato ... and sorry if that puts you off mash potato for life (;

Well if your poo is anything like your screen name implies....... I just spit up in my mouth a little :ohmy:

Look... here it is. Anxiety causes stomach and bowel issues which can and will affect your poo. There are literally thousands of threads about it here. Even those who don't have anxiety don't poo perfect 3-4's all the time. My advice is to see a doctor if this concerns you (I'm really confident there's nothing physically wrong) and look into some help with your anxiety.

newborn
15-07-14, 19:50
so basically, since I made this thread, my poo's lately seem to be doing the normal shapes etc, but still notice red little dots in it.