PDA

View Full Version : getting worse again

megs
10-08-04, 21:16
Hi

I've not been on for a whil because I've been feelin much better for about six weeks.

But the last week or so I've found I'm beginning to worry more and more about my health again. I thought that I was better and all my aches and pains etc seemed to have settled. Now they are creeping back again.

How can this happen again when I've been doing fine?

Megs

nomorepanic
10-08-04, 21:37
Megs

It happens

It is the anxiety/panic gremlin that is there waiting in your head to get you. It has got me many a time after I thought I was cured.

It is a nasty little bug that doesn't want to leave you so it sits there sleeping till it thinks you are cured and it comes back and BITES you.

It is usually triggered by something, however small it may be. Mine came back to bite me after 2 main things - a death in the family and some new medication.

Has anything happened?

Don't let it get you again Megs - tell it to sod off and go back to where it was and you can beat it.

Please remain positive - u can beat it back again ok?

xx

Nicola

megs
10-08-04, 21:54
Thanks Nicola

I'm trying really hard to not let it get to me. I'm not really sure what could of triggered it. Am quite stressed about money and stuff but thats nothing new.
I feel like if I forget for a minute that I have a problem and live my life normally it suddenly has to pop up and remind me by giving me an ache or a pain or something that worries me.

I can't remember how I eventually managed to reassure myself before that I was fine physically.

Today I got some eye drops from the doctor because I have conjunctivitus which is really irritating but I read the leaflet about the side effects and now I daren't use them just in case. I'd rather suffer the conjunctivitus.

My mum also commented that I have begun talking more and more about my health again.

I'm still waiting to be assessed by the mental health people, refuse to take medication for my anxiety yet am so scared I'll go back to how bad I was a few months ago.

Am even considering going to a spiritualist church hoping to get a message from a dead relative to tell me I'm going to be alright.

Sorry for going on I just needed to get it out of my system. My friends haven't been very understanding which has upset me more. My partner and mum have been great though but it helps to talk to people who have similar problems.

One thing that could be gettin to me is one of my friends cousin died a couple fo weeks ago of a heart attack. She was only 32 and my friend keeps comparing me to her which I think has worried me as I've been a lot more conscious about my heart recently. I'm only 24 but I smoke and my dad died of heart problems when he was 40 so its in the family.

Sorry again for going on

xx

sal
11-08-04, 00:42
Hi Megs

Hope this is just a blip for you. Side affects dont we all read in to them so much. We would prefer to suffer than be cured as of our dread that medicines will make us worse.

Friends dont mean to hurt you but unless you have been there completely it is so hard to understand.

I hope you start to feel better soon, but you know that we are all here to help you.

You did so well before and you have the capability to do it again.

Keep in touch.

Love Sal xxxxx

nomorepanic
11-08-04, 21:05
I feel like if I forget for a minute that I have a problem and live my life normally it suddenly has to pop up and remind me by giving me an ache or a pain or something that worries me.
Yep it does that just as it always does. I bet a load of people on here will agree with that.

Today I got some eye drops from the doctor because I have conjunctivitus which is really irritating but I read the leaflet about the side effects and now I daren't use them just in case.

I doubt the side effects of eye drops will be that serious to be honest and most of them are listed to cover the manufacturers. Give them a try they will be ok I am sure.

I'm still waiting to be assessed by the mental health people, refuse to take medication for my anxiety yet am so scared I'll go back to how bad I was a few months ago.

That will be a big help so let us know when you get the appointment.

Am even considering going to a spiritualist church hoping to get a message from a dead relative to tell me I'm going to be alright.

I used to go to a spiritualist church all the time for healing and messages. Can you try healing - it is so relaxing.

Sorry for going on I just needed to get it out of my system. My friends haven't been very understanding which has upset me more. My partner and mum have been great though but it helps to talk to people who have similar problems.

Hey you aren't going on atall. That is what we are here for to help you and support you so you don't need to "put on" family etc all the time. We are always here for you.

One thing that could be gettin to me is one of my friends cousin died a couple fo weeks ago of a heart attack. She was only 32 and my friend keeps comparing me to her which I think has worried me as I've been a lot more conscious about my heart recently. I'm only 24 but I smoke and my dad died of heart problems when he was 40 so its in the family.

Well that must be quite stressful in itself. A death and then people comparing you to her. Can't be nice.

I do hope that you can see it for what it is - just a glitch and you can get back to some sort of normality very soon. Just don't let it beat you ok and we will support you all we can.

Good luck Megs

xxx

Nicola

megs
12-08-04, 22:48
Thanks again Nicola

It was when I was at my worst a few months ago that I found this website and it has helped me more than anything else. I never realised how common my problem is until I discovered all of you.

Everybody gave me the reassurance and strength I needed to make myself feel better as I'm sure will continue to do so many times. I know I have a long road to travel to keep on top of this but knowing you are here I think will help pull me through the bad times.

Megs
xxxx:D

sal
12-08-04, 22:57
Hi Megs

We are all here to support you. You are not alone at all and we will get through this together.

Love Sal xxxxx

megs
12-08-04, 23:04
Hi Sal

Thanks for your reassuring words. I hope I'll be able to give other people reassurance by sharing my experiences.

Love Megs
xxx