PDA

View Full Version : Oh Joy!

Fishmanpa
08-07-14, 22:05
So I went for my consultation and got my date/time for my colonoscopy. I'm not really concerned or worried. Just a bit unhappy with the bionic laxative I have to take as I heard it cleans you out something fierce! I'm not one to look in the bowl but I fully expect to find hamburgers and pizza from the 70's when it gets going! ~lol~

They said I'll be sedated for the procedure so I won't know or care anyway ;)

Positive thoughts

Catherine S
08-07-14, 22:16
Well onwards and upwards fishman...no pun intended :D

ISB x

Carnation
08-07-14, 22:27
Fishmanpa, I admire your Bravery.:ohmy:

aprilmoon
08-07-14, 22:55
I had one last year without sedation,and it wasn't too awful.
Best wishes :)

nomorepanic
08-07-14, 23:19
I had one a few weeks ago and just used Entonox for pain relief.

On the prep day my saviour was lemonade flavoured lollies as I felt I had "eaten" something even though it was clear liquid. I also kept my sugar levels up with cans of lemonade.

As it happens after spending a lot of time on the loo the prep was sub-optimal when they did the scope - i.e. I did not have a good enough clear out lol

Good Luck FMP

SADnomore
09-07-14, 06:15
Right. And they're used to that anyway, lol! In North America they tend to sedate us yes. Unaware until its over. Bit of a rest and then your "ride" can come in and sign you out and take you home ... I hear you lot get tea afterwards! We get nada, nothing, not even a bottle of water! What a rip off!

Anyway, no biggie at all. Maybe a bit of crampy feeling, just take a down day on the couch with movies and something you like to eat. ;)

Magic
09-07-14, 12:23
The best of luck Fishman:hugs:

Fishmanpa
09-07-14, 13:30
I'm scheduled for the 5th of August. I'm truly not concerned. I have nothing to indicate any problems. I know I have a few pockets in my large intestine from the PET scans they did during treatment.

I've had constipation issues since treatment and this stuff I have to take should really clean me out. I expect to lose a few pounds of excess baggage if you know what I mean ~lol~ Just not looking forward to the cramps and being glued to the toilet seat for a while. Guess this may be time to get a good book or magazine!

Positive thoughts

summer82
09-07-14, 13:36
lol good luck with it. My friend had it done, and some advice for you..get a book/laptop/ipad and basically get comfortable lol she said she was on the loo drinking the stuff and it was just passing straight through after she got the party started. She gave up taking trips in the end and just camped on the loo.

spuder
09-07-14, 19:08
Best of luck fishmanpa hope all goes well for u xxxxxx

unsure_about_this
13-07-14, 21:59
When I had my sigmoidoscopy last year prep was not nice, it nearly took my head off. I was not sedated but wished I have asked for it.

Good luck Fishmanpa.

RoseEve
14-07-14, 03:23
Fishmanpa did you really start a poo thread :D

Worried 24/7
14-07-14, 03:46
Good luck :-)

Fishmanpa
14-07-14, 13:32
Fishmanpa did you really start a poo thread :D

Hell Yeah! ~lol~ It's a pretty standard procedure for someone over 50. No biggie.

Seriously though... I've had issues since treatment with constipation. It's not pleasant :( If any here with HA went through what I did Saturday night, I'd be reading about your trip to A&E! Let's just say the dam broke... I feel literally pounds lighter ~lol~ My belly still feels funky this morning.

Positive thoughts

wabbit1
19-07-14, 23:16
I weighed myself before and after. I lost 4 kg. Unfortunately it was short lived as put it on when I could eat again.

Fishmanpa
05-08-14, 18:23
All is well. The worst is the prep. Home and getting some much needed food. Everything looked great :)

Two weeks from today it's back to Baltimore and my 3 month check with my cancer team. I don't anticipate anything wrong :)

Positive thoughts

SADnomore
05-08-14, 21:38
Awesome news, Fishmanpa! :yahoo: Good luck with Baltimore in 3 weeks, but as you say, it'll no doubt be fine :D

Marie :flowers:

SarahH
06-08-14, 12:42
Well done Fishmanpa:)

Brunette
06-08-14, 13:47
Great news :)