PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone.

fallenwolf
09-07-14, 06:30
Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself and chat to others with similar issues. I have ocd and gad and at the moment I feel like I can't lead a normal life. I think just speaking to others will help as no one I know understands the impact it's having.

Thank you for reading and I am looking forward to getting to know you all 😊

Fallen.

Agadch
09-07-14, 09:23
Hi Fallen, :welcome: to the site :D

Johnny43
09-07-14, 11:10
Hey welcome I have the same as you it's a rocky road sometime

fallenwolf
09-07-14, 17:06
Hi,

Thank you for replying. I seem to be fixated on the idea I'm going to have some sort of driving accident or hurt someone while driving. It's so stressful at the moment that I can't do a simple drive without a meltdown. :( hope this forum helps as the people around me just tell me to stop worrying and as you can imagine that's not helpful at all.

F X

aprilmoon
09-07-14, 17:11
Hi
I know what you mean!
Its hard to explain it to other people,but you'll find people on here understand,and can offer help and support.
You can overcome these things,its hard,as I well know,but it can be done.best wishes to you.

koala
09-07-14, 17:44
:welcome:

You have come to the right place. I have been told many times to stop worrying or to snap out of it and of course anxiety doesn't work like that. Everyone on here is very supportive thought.

:)

Alice.
09-07-14, 17:47
I totally understand what your going through and am new here myself. People think that we can just turn it off like a light when I guarantee every one of us would glady do just that if we could.

Annie0904
09-07-14, 17:53
Hi :welcome:

fallenwolf
09-07-14, 22:36
It's so nice to have people understand. It's almost like there are two voices in my head, the one that says of course that pebble that popped up from the road was not a small child that you ran over. The other voice says oh good god you just killed someone you must drive back to the exact spot and look for a body!!!. Or another regular one for me is that if someone around me is ill it's never a simple cold it's always some hideous disease and they are of course going to die!! My mind has a horrible little mind torture goblin that likes to torment me endlessly at the moment.

Thank god for drugs (of the prescribed variety of course)

F X

Dannybhoy
20-07-14, 15:11
Hi Fallenwolf and welcome, i am new to NMP myself, haven't chatted to anyone on here yet but just reading through the forum post has helped me a lot already.
I totally understand about the driving thing, sometimes when i am driving i get this horrible feeling that i am going to be in a bad accident, no matter how many times i look to make sure the road is clear when i am pulling out of a junction or roundabout, i still think that something that i haven't seen is going to come from nowhere and crash into me, i wait for the impact which thankfully has never come and i sigh with relief when i am clear of the junction, only to feel the same anxiety at the next one.
Just wanted you to know that you are not alone in the way you feel.

Dannybhoy xx

jefferina
20-07-14, 16:06
Hello and welcome xx