PDA

View Full Version : I have had so many symptoms...

so many
09-07-14, 22:47
Okay so first off i am a 17 year old male who is claustrophobic scared of heights scared of a lot of stuff i hate being home alone , i sometimes feel like i am going crazy because of my fears, but lately my fear of being home alone has not been as bad ,but a New fear has come up Fear of bad health :(

So it first started from bad stomach pain and constipation a few month ago i went on a fiber diet for a while it went away , then recently my Grandpa has been diagnosed with ALS i feel bad for him but i was told symptoms he was having next thing you know i had weakness all over my body and twitching all over i got very scared that eventually went away but then i feared i had cancer due to white spots and black spots which might be other things, then one day my back hurt and burned after getting over a cold and i googled it and low and behold kidney infections came up next thing you know i have myself convinced i had kidney infection and tried to get to doctors but my parents said drink cranberry juice ,next thing i know my family says i am hypocondriac , and now i think i am crazy, but my latest fears are that i have glaucoma due to the fact head and eye pressure i have which might be due to the fact my wisdom teeth are coming in,but i have been very scared again of MS , And ALS , and Nerve Issues due to the fact i have weakness and tingling sometimes and pinching feeling, these symptoms developed 2 weeks after going to doctor he did a strength test and i was fine later blood tests for various things came back come to find out my Vit D was low my weakness went away for 2 weeks but then my ALS And MS and heart fear came on me my heart fear is because i experience heart fluttering and got scared but my mom has heart fluttering but another thing i have had is electrocution feeling that travels on and off through my body i have been scared so much i told my sister i didn't wanna dye and couldn't sleep in which they stayed up with me, another thing was in the middle of the night i would wake up feeling like my limbs were dying and couldn't feel the energy to move them the thing is i can lift heavy stuff still but idk , i also had appendix scare that it had popped , but sometime i am not thinking on it when i have some of these pains so am i subconsciously thinking on it? also all my things seem to loop around, i have had other things but i have said a lot already one thing tho is i feel like i am vibrating a little sometimes and that my limbs and head won't stop shaking even tho sometimes they do, also i have noticed when holding leg up or a arm out it shakes i wondered if it was normal but my mom said your body shakes a little normally.

One thing i have noticed is when i google something i get worse after reading symptoms i develop them , i have to say the symptoms to a lot of things seems to be the same, But the big question is can fear really cause a lot of symptoms ???? i have a hard time accepting that.

thank you for reading :ohmy:

Carnation
09-07-14, 22:57
Sounds like classic Anxiety to me. Whatever you do, DO NOT GOOGLE!
This will only make you worse. Health Anxiety is something I am quite familiar with. I have cried all day, called 999 several times, called the Samaritans, sat up all night incase I died, you name it, I did it. In the end I got so fed-up and exhausted with it, I just thought to myself, I can't be bothered with this anymore, no-one is taking any notice of me, if I die , I die. The thing is, I didn't Die. I woke up the next day, thought; Oh. I'm still alive and the next day and the next week, then a month and I was OK. Slowly, a lot of the symptoms started to disappear and I started to feel better. I had blood tests to check me out for everything and I was a perfectly healthy person. I cried when I got the news and accepted the fact that it was all down to Anxiety and Stress. But, searching the Net or reading lots of books, can make you worse.

nomorepanic
09-07-14, 23:01
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

so many
10-07-14, 22:17
Thnx you it helps to know its not just me but it is hard for me to grasp my fear is causing all of this, my latest issues have been heart beats feel funny , electric shock feeling and wierd head type shaking feeling head feels so funny ,I just I dunno I am concerned still a lot a bit worried , ppl tell me it's fear but it's hard to believe .

Carnation
10-07-14, 22:36
Yes, it's hard to describe to anyone like your family, friends or even GP. But yes, I used to say that I felt like I was being electrocuted all the time. Zaps in the head, electric shocks through the body. Dull aching pain in the head. Tight pressure in the head. Tenderness on the top of the head. Shooting pains in the arms and legs, pain in the chest, difficult breathing, tight throat, difficulty swallowing, feeling like you are going to pass out, blurred vision, feeling dizzy, light-headedness, feeling sick, cold shivers, body trembling, muscle twitching and loads more.
How on earth do you tell your GP all of that? It would certainly take more than the 5 minutes they give you. And Family and friends look at you in disbelief.
Now, here at this Site, you can chat, discuss and get reassurance from other sufferers and people that have recovered.
There are many things to alleviate the Symptoms, but the most important one is to realize that it is all Anxiety and you are NOT going to die, it will pass and you will be ok.:)