PDA

View Full Version : Choking? Im really worried...

looking4answers
17-12-06, 04:38
I just got over a flu like virus .. and we went into town just a grocery trip.I came back and didn't feel exactly myself..guess I was a little nervous..at that time I felt as though i was swaying a little back and forth.. could have been nerves but after I ate dinner I started feeling stopped up and my throat felt coated with flem.. I hacked it out and then seem to be ok although my breathing feels a little funny.. I just got up and walked around the house and started feeling stuffed up again..Is that normal coming in from kind of cold air at night and getting immediately stopped up or is there something wrong.. will i choke during the night? i had a little problem talking at first after it just happened but seem to be able to talk a little better now.. between the flem.. is this normal or should i go to the doctor? Please answer ..its happening now.

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING

May all beings everywhere plagued
with sufferings of body and mind
quickly be freed from their illnesses.
May those frightened cease to be afraid,
and may those bound be free.
May the powerless find power,
and may people think of befriending each other.
May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
the children, the aged, the unprotected--
be guarded by beneficent celestials,
and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

Basket Boy
17-12-06, 04:53
Hi Michael,

If you are just recovering from a flu-like illness, then going out into cold air and coming back into a warmer environment it's not surprising that you have flem to clear.

Being in the cold causes your airways to narrow and then going into the warm and probably moist air of a room causes the airways to dilate, coupled with your exertion of a trip to the grocery store, then you're probably just clearing what flem was there anyway.

We tend to think we're 100% fit after a cold before our bodies have really got there. If you can cough up the flem, do so, and drink lots of fluids to help keep the secretions loose.

And most importantly, rest.

Best wishes,

Chris.

looking4answers
17-12-06, 06:19
Thanks Chris,

I was getting a little concerned there but it seemed to clear up.I suppose it just kind of scared me a little after i was already nervous.. One day hopefully I will know that is just this or that .. but thanks for helping me..i did talk to a nurse friend that was online said the same thing happened to her.. She also said that unless you are wheezing or straining to breathe when doing a normal activity that it was ok..also she said pretty much the samething you did..that it was just sinus that dripped down and covered my throat..she said the throat and the lung function was two different things.. Thanks again you are very kind..Michael

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING

May all beings everywhere plagued
with sufferings of body and mind
quickly be freed from their illnesses.
May those frightened cease to be afraid,
and may those bound be free.
May the powerless find power,
and may people think of befriending each other.
May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
the children, the aged, the unprotected--
be guarded by beneficent celestials,
and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.