PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain out of the blue in a 20 year old

kw1994suede
10-07-14, 19:42
I'm a 20 year old male with no history of heart problems. I was driving my car earlier, and in a single instant went from feeling fine to having an excruciating pain in my chest, lasting about 2 seconds, which then just as instantly stopped. It felt sharp and stabbing and was located in a single small area between my left nipple and sternum. As soon as it disappeared I felt fine again, apart from being a bit shaken. Since I was pulling out of a junction as it happened I wasn't able to check my chest to see if my heart was beating abnormally or pounding, but a few seconds after, when I had the chance it seemed fine. So, right now I'm torn between thinking it was nothing and forgetting about it and being concerned. It was a very sharp pain and there seemed to be nothing 'normal' about it. If it's relevant I was also doing intense cardio exercise about 18 hours prior, for the first time in months. Any ideas?

Serenity1990
10-07-14, 20:11
Do you get reflux issues? Are you an anxiety sufferer?

Peronel
14-07-14, 04:38
Hi KW,

Along with what Serenity said, do you have any back issues? My very first HA symptom was chest pains - it turned out to be referred back pain from spending so long sitting in a beanbag playing Playstation!

Always get these things checked by a doc if you are concerned.

HalfJack
14-07-14, 05:07
Could also be intercostal muscles, I've had various causes for chest pains since 16, its normal enough but also good to find out the cause if you can.