PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack and self harm

Anon123
10-07-14, 19:57
I am going on a summer enrichment course for 2 weeks. I have had problems with panic attacks, self harm and anxiety, depression and possible OCD. I have already been put on medication which has helped with these issue but I find I am still struggling with these issues. I am scared that I may have panic attacks and as it is around people that I don't know, Im scared how they will react and if they will all think im weird. This is making me more anxious. I have also struggled with self harm since I was around 12 so for about 4 years now and although at first the scars healed, recent replapses have left me with horrible red scars on my arms that wont fade. I also have them on my leg. I have already been told that you aren't allowed to wear long sleeves ( we are doing actvitys that would be dangerous with long sleeves) and im scared about it as I don't know what peoples reaction will be and im nervous that no one will like me or want to talk to because of my scars. Im getting so anxious and worried and im scared that this is going to cause panic attacks :(. Ive tried covering them up with makeup but they are too bad and there are too many for them to be covered well.

I just wanted to know about peoples advice on going to places were people don't know about your mental illness and how do you deal with panic attacks and self harm in these situations?