PDA

View Full Version : Hi There!

rmcelroy
11-07-14, 02:25
So my name is Raul. I am currently a college student at Carleton College in Minnesota, and I am new to this website! I look forward to meeting lots of people on here and sharing experiences! :)

A little more about myself: I have had ADHD since I was 4, and serious anxiety since I was about 12 (when I was young, I refused to get on the school bus because I was so anxious about school). Unfortunately, my anxiety has only gotten worse over time. Throughout middle school, I had several panic attacks, including one that lead my dad to take me to the hospital, only to find out that nothing was wrong with me.

In high school, anxiety manifested itself in every aspect of my life. I would not be able to sleep if I left homework incomplete. I would wake up in the middle of the night at the weirdest times, like 3:25, 4:57, etc, without a pattern, and usually after horrific dreams. I'd get feelings of dread when I was in school, and had several breakdowns in class (wow embarrassing).

However, this problem only got worse as time progressed. In my later high school years, I would major emotional break downs, to the point that I would curl up and cry for 45 minutes or so. This happened about every 3 months or so.

To quote Billy Mays: "But wait, there's more! After leaving for college, I started getting vision spells, where my long distance vision would go super blurry, but return to normal after about an hour or so. I saw both an optometrist and an ophthalmologist, and they both said that they couldn't find anything. I would also be completely exhausted when I woke up from naps and sleeping.

I also seem to have developed a huge health anxiety problem. You name it, I think I've had it. MS, AIDS, cancer, FFI, etc.

This has progressed to now. My long distance vision is beginning to really fall apart, I can barely sleep (I slept three hours last night), my entire body hurts. Probably the worst is aphasia, which is that my brain is reading things/saying things/ thinking things in slightly disordered ways.

When I Google (bad idea, I know) my problems, I start acting as if I have the symptoms of the disease I find. I am currently freaking out about CJD because most of the vision and body aches and fever and weakness have been coming on strong for the past two weeks. Although I walk normally, which is somewhat calming to me.

I'll note that I moved to Illinois from MN about a month ago and that I have always had issues with moving (moved a ton as a child- I counted for a grand total of 6 times in 8 years. Also, three new doctors, four different schools, and four different therapists have made my life hard). In a final note, my other dad passed away when I was five, which seems to have given rise to some severe social anxiety as well.

Anyways, that's quite enough about my story. What about you?

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

Oh yeah, another thing: My anxiety is so bad that one time I'm tried to donate blood, learned that people can DQed for abnormal pulse, and then managed to have such an abnormal pulse that I had to have an EKG done before I could donate again.

Also, my blood pressure is 130/80 and I'm only 19. Whoops.

Gezza
11-07-14, 16:56
Welcome to the site. In relation to
Sleep I got 2 hrs last night . I have had all
The health phobias interestingly at your age.

rmcelroy
11-07-14, 22:26
How do you handle your health phobias? I'm currently stuck on CJD because of some eye problems including blurry vision and trouble reading .