PDA

View Full Version : My anxiety is so high because of ringing ears

rebeccad
11-07-14, 09:38
Please help I'm desperate :( I woke up this morning with a loud ringing in my right ear , I've had Tinitus before but not as loud and not for so long it's been about 4 hours now and no let up , I'm climbing the walls I don't kniw what to do. I can't get into the docs till Tuesday and I've also relapsed and googled which says tumour. Should I go a and e I'm so worried , I don't have any pain x

rebeccad
12-07-14, 20:08
This has today eased so can't be serious right ? X

RoseEve
12-07-14, 20:28
Everyone gets ringing. I know I do. It's certainly not serious.

Serenity1990
12-07-14, 21:08
Tinitus is something everyone gets every now and then (consciously or not), and a surprising fraction of the general population get it chronically (I.e. with no letup). I've always had it, in fact I didn't realise everyone doesn't have it until I was about sixteen. It's especially had when tired or anxious.

If doctor google tells you you've got a brain tumour because of tinitus then give him a slap and tell him he's a prick. :)

cattia
12-07-14, 22:24
I get it too, usually one sided, I think it has to do with tension in the neck and head (in my case).

ItchyOne
13-07-14, 09:31
I get it too from time to time. I'm sure you'll be alright, and since it has eased, I'm sure it's nothing serious.