PDA

View Full Version : any1 had arm/leg ache for years??

leanne1980
17-12-06, 12:24
hi every1

since being pregnant with my son in 04 i have suffered with achy legs, i had it before but not as frequent, anyway since having the baby its been on and off not agony just there and bloody annoying, its like severe restless legs, but sometimes when i get it my foot also hurts, well a few toes on which ever leg its on at the time, it never comes in both legs but swaps in2 1 or the other.

i have been to the drs they just fob me off with its sciatica or anxiety so really i have just been living with it.

i went to see an oesteopath last week she said that she didnt think it was sciatica more like tention in my back, anyway when i saw her my legs werent hurting at all so im guessing unless they were hurting at the time how can she tell??

i went away and i must admit i felt better, my legs wernt hurting at all, all last week and then i saw her on thursday and ive done nothing but ache since. my legs are just heavy and i feel crap.

im thinking though it could just be coming down with something as my sinus's feel really sore so maybe its that,

also when im really bad anxity wise my arms ache, and i have also had this, but to be honest i dont feel stressed at the moment so i cant understand it.

im really worrying that i have something bad, what if i have a travelling clot or something. my arms have been achy for about 3 weeks now i think, it is very on off and when im busy i dont notice it but im getting scared now, i hate feeling like this but im sick of this achy body im 26 and have the same pains as my mother in law who is 51, i must admit when my mum was alive she was ALWAYS complaining of achy legs, i remember being tiny about 6 and rubbing her legs for her, maybe its hereditory, what im really asking is, does any1 else have this?? and is it comman?
i forgot to say it seems worse in the winter,

leanne xx

i just wanna feel normal

flatterycat
17-12-06, 12:54
Hi Leanne

I have had achy legs since I was small! I'm 38 now and still suffer on and off. When i was little my mum used to call them growing pains! I still have them now and i'm not growing! Anyway mine are worse when my legs are tired or the weather is cold and damp. I now call rhematism! Warmth helps. The aches are like a dull pain.
Hope this helps.
Sarah:D

flatterycat
17-12-06, 12:55
Hi Leanne

I have had achy legs since I was small! I'm 38 now and still suffer on and off. When i was little my mum used to call them growing pains! I still have them now and i'm not growing! Anyway mine are worse when my legs are tired or the weather is cold and damp. I now call rhematism! Warmth helps. The aches are like a dull pain.
Hope this helps.
Sarah:D

Jem27
17-12-06, 14:00
I have this and my mum is the same. In the wet/damp weather she gets rhumatism in her arms & legs, she did as a child and im the same. I have really achy legs every morning and esp when ive been out in the cold.

I also get it when my sinuses are hurting.

It won't be a clot, I use to think this, if it were a clot you would have a swelling in your leg and it would be very hot to touch.

Ju xx

pinkpenny1uk
17-12-06, 18:55
hiya,
i was going to do a post similar to this but upon reading this i'll post here.
i have never had leg ache much at all in the past, but this past 2 weeks or so i have had really bad leg ache in my right leg. at first with being anxious and panicky i thought it was a dvt. i have only got it in my right leg, not my left.
the achiness moves tho, sometimes it feels like its in my calf, then in the front of my leg, then it could be my knee or my foot.

i don't get it much above the knee although i have noticed sometimes i get a bit of aching under my bum cheek.

is this a common anxiety symptom or do i need to worry?
i must say its not what i would call really painfull but i am aware its there.

any help or advice would be most welcome.

many thanks

penny x

leanne1980
18-12-06, 07:26
hi every1

thanks so much for replying, since yesterday when i posted i have really started to feel ill, i have pain on my face and my ear is really sore, sinus's again i think, my sinus meds are doing nothing, just ibruprofen that helps really. im just glad its this week and not next, to top it off i have a HUGE coldsore on my lip, ive never had 1 in my life, great ey i bet im gonna get these all the time now.

on a lighter note, i was laying on the sofa and my 2 year old came to me and said "mummy poorly" i said yes and then he ran in2 the kitchen, came in with a tin of sweetcorn, and said "make mummy big and strong"
bless him!!

he was also talking to a lady at the school and she said to him " where r u going now, to town?" he just said "no going doctors" i was so embarressed, we havent been to the drs in about a month. i hate it when he says things like that coz it means he must realise what im like.

the things they say ey
leanne xx

i just wanna feel normal