PDA

View Full Version : MS symptoms or anxiety?

jeff.paire
11-07-14, 18:45
Hi there, please have patience with me, I am in distress right now over my situation. I am 17, and am a male, and last week I suffered a really weird feeling where suddenly, my legs and arms felt very weak, my stomach was burning and my heart was pounding, I honestly felt like I was dying or having some sort of heart attack, and suffering from anxiety and worrying for so long, I'd never had a pain like this, and I have never had a panic attack before so I didn't know if it was one.

Now since then, these pains have been with me and I feel so weak and fatigued. My legs and arms are still really weird, they feel weak and I feel like the pit of my stomach just feels weak, and it's weird because I feel like I can do activities like playing football etc because I feel I have the energy, but as soon as I start, my legs feel so shaky like jelly and I feel so weak that I can't continue. This goes on and off and I have periods which are better where I feel more calm about it, and my heart area feels really weird at times like pressure on it and shaky, in the back too. I went to the doctors and didn't tell them about the shaky weak feeling in too much depth because my stomach was hurting alot at the time, and he said it was consitpation and gave me some laxatives.

Now I am so scared looking at MS symptoms and that they are so similar to mine, and since then I feel like I have developed my finger bones feeling so weak, a little off balance, shaky kind of tremor occassionally and my eye started to hurt earlier, i had eye strain earlier in life but what if it was MS all along?. Now I know you would say that it's because I looked at the symptoms and devloped it, but this time feels different because my anxiety has never manifested so bad before, before it was controllable and I could do what I wanted within reason, now I feel so weak and like it's not anxiety anymore but something worse. I am scared because my family think I am just having consitpation, and imagine if they heard that it could be MS, how scared they would feel. It's killing me inside, and I am scared to go the the doctors because they are so uncaring and quick to say it's something small.

Serenity1990
11-07-14, 22:49
Sounds nothing at all like MS, what on earth makes you think that?

jeff.paire
11-07-14, 23:00
Weak legs and arms, tremor, bone ache, eye pain are symptoms right?

Fishmanpa
11-07-14, 23:15
They're also all physical symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/) of anxiety.

Positive thoughts

Serenity1990
12-07-14, 00:30
Weak legs and arms, tremor, bone ache, eye pain are symptoms right?

Yes, but the presentation's completely wrong for MS!

jeff.paire
12-07-14, 01:11
Sorry what do you mean presentation?

---------- Post added at 01:11 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

Now my ankle hurts and I closed my eyes and put my feet together and I swayed a little and I couldn't help it. I'm so scared now :(

Serenity1990
12-07-14, 05:47
Sorry what do you mean presentation?

---------- Post added at 01:11 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

Now my ankle hurts and I closed my eyes and put my feet together and I swayed a little and I couldn't help it. I'm so scared now :(

I mean it's pointless comparing your symptoms against a list of MS symptoms as it can produce any neurological symptom, all of which are symptoms of other illnesses and anxiety. Rather it's the way in which these symptoms present that can point to MS, i.e. onset, duration and pattern. MS simply isn't capable of producing the pattern of symptoms you describe.