PDA

View Full Version : Pinworms!

Cmm
11-07-14, 19:34
Hey everybody - this is my first post and I'm very glad I found a place to discuss this with people. I have had OCD with severe health anxiety since I was 7 - I am now 31.

My daughter was diagnosed with pinworms/threadworms last week. I had absolutely no symptoms, but my poor baby girl had an itchy bum. I took a look and had 3 worms staring back at me! I treated her with Pin-x and also took a dose myself. That's when I began to get an itchy bum! I actually took a second dose a few days later and the itch continues. I have never seen a worm on my anus or in my stool. I am pretty darn sure I don't have them. But I keep getting the itch on and off and it makes me all paranoid that I do have them. I take the second dose (well third in my case) on Wednesday and at that point we should be clear. I've been changing bed sheets and cleaning like a crazy person for over a week and I'm tired of it.

Has anyone dealt with these before? Did you have butt itching just from anxiety? I think that's what it's from. I remember a couple years ago a friends child had lice and my head itched for about a month after that, not from lice but rather the anxiety. Any comments will help. Thank you!

UKmamainUS
11-07-14, 20:52
I bet the itching is psychological. We recently had a flea infestation in our back yard as a result of an abandoned fox den. If we tell people we had fleas, they instantly start itching, even though we got rid of the fleas weeks ago. It's all in their head. LOL