PDA

View Full Version : Joined NMP as a postive step in helping my depression.

Sunnytimes
11-07-14, 22:53
Hi
I`m new to the site, I came on here as someone in my Mindfulness course said how nice the people are on here and how many people are going through the same thing as me and it could be helpful for me to discuss my depression and anxiety. I am currently starting counselling just a few sessions in and I have been on Fluoxetine for a few years, I suppose I am just realising the seriousness of my depression and I am trying very hard to make positive changes to combat it, but I have had a very difficult 6 months and I do not really have anyone around me who I can talk to about my situation other than the counsellor once a fortnight. I hope to chat to people on here who are in a similar position or who may have come out of the depression and I hope I can give someone else in my postion any support I can. :)

AnxietyDJ
11-07-14, 23:07
Hey! Welcome to the forum... I can confirm that people here are indeed very nice and there will be a lot of people that can most certainly relate to what you are going through.

I hope you can find some comfort and help on the site :)

swgrl09
11-07-14, 23:08
Welcome! Check out the section on depression. There are also lots of articles on the left of the page.

I have found a lot of support here over the past few years. I hope you do too.

Sunnytimes
11-07-14, 23:15
Hey! Welcome to the forum... I can confirm that people here are indeed very nice and there will be a lot of people that can most certainly relate to what you are going through.

I hope you can find some comfort and help on the site :)

Thanks for the reply and yes hopefully I can finally chat to some people who are going through a similar situation to me.

---------- Post added at 23:15 ---------- Previous post was at 23:14 ----------

Welcome! Check out the section on depression. There are also lots of articles on the left of the page.

I have found a lot of support here over the past few years. I hope you do too.

Thanks very much I will definitely have a look at the articles, nice to hear you have found support from the site, all the best. :)

Catherine S
11-07-14, 23:18
Hi Sunny, good to meet you :sofa:

ISB x

Sunnytimes
11-07-14, 23:21

ISB x

Good to meet you too. :)

AnxietyDJ
11-07-14, 23:23

ISB x

OMG, I just spotted the 'More' link at the bottom of the smilies list lol :doh: I did wonder how you kept using better ones than everyone else :yesyes:

Catherine S
12-07-14, 00:12
:sign20: