PDA

View Full Version : symptoms

peediedj67
12-07-14, 09:05
for over a week now I have had very blurred vision,tired feeling eyes,palpitations,constant ringing in my ears,dizzy,sore back and shoulders,pins and needles in feet,numb fingers.mild headaches.
Does this sound like anxiety or stress? (I get palpitations even if I walk to bathroom and back) had a stressful 2 weeks at work just over a week ago(symptoms started the day 2 week stressful period ended) can stress last this long? and can it be anxiety/stress cause for last week I haven't been worrying about anything??

Rennie1989
12-07-14, 15:40
Stress and anxiety can cause very similar symptoms. Stress is a result of being tensed and having to work much harder than you can cope with without rest or support, whilst anxiety is a constant fear and nervousness over a situation (known or not). Anxiety can cause stress and stress can cause anxiety.

Stress and anxiety can last for a few minutes to weeks and months, it is depending upon your situation and your ability to cope in that situation.

By the fact that you have said 'I had a stressful two weeks at work' would answer your question, it would be stress.

Ruby13
12-07-14, 16:15
I agree, that it sounds like stress too. ((( hugs )))

peediedj67
12-07-14, 17:48
is there anything to take for stress then,cant handle feeling like this all the time,felt better last tues night as was at football having a laugh with the boys,went to our golf day today thought by having same laugh i might feel better but came away feeling really sick, i seem to be very hungry the last few days

Rennie1989
12-07-14, 17:50
I don't recommend that anybody takes medication for stress because doing relaxing and fun things works much better. A hot bath, seeing friends, shopping, reading, gaming, anything, they all help to unwind after a stressful day. I even find housework helps too!

What is exactly making you stressed at the moment?

peediedj67
12-07-14, 18:00
I don't recommend that anybody takes medication for stress because doing relaxing and fun things works much better. A hot bath, seeing friends, shopping, reading, gaming, anything, they all help to unwind after a stressful day. I even find housework helps too!

What is exactly making you stressed at the moment?
as i sayi was stressed at work because someone was off and woman i had to help is useless but that was over a week ago, DIDNT think i was stressed about anything else this week thats why i dont think its stress. i have a special needs son whos 24hr care with 6 disabilites so usualy worry about him but hes also been great this week????