PDA

View Full Version : citalopram and beta blockers?

barbie
17-12-06, 13:14
sorry, I have done a forum search but couldnt find what I wanted - can you take these 2 together?

I have been on 10mg x3 a day beta blockers for a couple of months, now starting 20g x 1 a day citalopram, but I forgot to ask my GP if I could carry on with the betas!

Any advice?

"Smile Like You Mean It"

Tinkerbell200
17-12-06, 22:44
I would check with your doc first but I take fluoextine and beta blockers together so should be ok. what have you been prescribed them for?

xx

barbie
17-12-06, 23:08
mainly because the anxiety is getting me down. I took them last year though for grief, after trying fluxotine I settled for the Citalopram.

I will call the docs in the morning. x x x

"Smile Like You Mean It"

yorkylover
18-12-06, 13:41
Hi,my gp prescribed citalopram and beta blockers,propranalol.I take them both together.

Ellen XX

bubblygirl
18-12-06, 16:04
hey i take both of them too and have no problems but you should still check with the doctor because we're all different. Sarah x

barbie
18-12-06, 21:10
hey guys thanks.

I dont want to speak too soon but after 2 days back on the citalopram I am feeling void of panic! Like I am still worried about stuff but not feeling physically panicky? Its great!

Have been told by the hospital not to take the Propanol unless I really need it, but thats because I am having an op in January and it lowers your blood pressure eh?

Anyway thanks for the replies x

"Smile Like You Mean It"

Chopper
19-12-06, 09:18
Morning Ladies,

I've been on Lisinopril, Atenolol and Felotens for about 5 years for my blood pressure (one's an ACE Inhibitor, another a Beta Blocker and I can't remember what the other is!) and am also on 40mg of Citalopram a day for aggitation/anxiety/depression and the combo seems to work fine.

My GP checked my BP yesterday and at 110/70 said it was near perfect for a 14 stone 41 year old male.

Everyone's different but I've been OK on the mixture.

Happiness and light to all,
'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849