PDA

View Full Version : I cannot live like this - please help :(

Catherine84
12-07-14, 21:18
I've had panic attacks centred around an awareness of my breathing all week. This has been absolutely unrelenting today, to the point where I cannot do anything. Even just existing is an effort and I feel like I'd rather not.

I have not had a drink in the last 6 months, but I am seriously considering driving to Tesco and getting some wine to get me through a trip to London that I'm supposed to be going to tomorrow. It was supposed to be a treat for my partner's 30th birthday. I paid a lot for the tickets, and don't want to waste my money or let him down, but just leaving the house at the moment is an effort.

I was on Diazepam for around 5 months after leaving rehab. This is the first time on my monthly cycle where I have not had it. I'm also on Pregabalin 600mg a day, but it seems to be doing nothing.

I rang the out of hours doctor to see if I could get a limited supply of Diazepam to get me through the next few days of my cycle where my anxiety seems to be worse, but I was told that they couldn't give it to me and to go to a and e, but she didn't guarantee they'd be able to do anything. I've tried CBT, relaxing music, a bath with lavender fragrance, but nothing is cutting through this. It's so extreme that I clawed my arm and it was dripping blood when I turned up at a and e. I'm still sitting here now, beside myself and don't know what to say or do when I am called to see someone. My partner is with me as well.

I just don't see any way out. I don't want to drink again, and would rather have some medication to help me through, but I am not hopeful I will get anywhere.

I feel like this is the end of the road, and I have lost all hope. Breathing occurs every minute of your existence. How am I possibly ever going to overcome this?

angels22165
12-07-14, 22:18
Hi

If you are still at the hospital, I would tell them how you are feeling, they may be able to help you tonight and point you in the right direction. Its awful feeling so scared and not sure which way to turn.

I have had breathing issues in the past where it was on my mind 24/7 it drove my anxiety sky high, it lasted for quite a long time, I couldn't think of anything else at the time, just my breathing. The thought of breathing did stop when my anxiety lessoned, yours will too.

Please ask the hospital to help you for tonight, and go and see your GP on Monday.

Take Care

Julie