PDA

View Full Version : brain tumor symptoms?

gozzy1000
13-07-14, 09:40
I have been suffering with headaches for months mainly the right side near temple which have gotten much better. If I sleep more than 7.5 - 8 hrs I wake up with a lingering all over headache. Iv have also been suffering with a weak feel left forearm/wrist that shakes and slightly tremors when held in a certain position. I can use it normally however it's just uncomfortable. I do feel generally shakey mainly in arms. I have also had a twitching left eye lid for two months which is much better but still happens at least once a day. Slight buzzing ears when its really quiet and ghosting in my vision at night in high contrast situations such as the bright moon against the black sky, there's a slight ghosting below, my reading ability seems lazy and difficult at times but I dont know if this is because I think about this each time I read. Iv seen numerous docs, nurses and a and e and had eye tests and a ct scan which came back clear. Im still worried its a brain tumor. What could be wrong with me. I feel ct scans are not accurate and miss things but doc won't give me an mri any help would be very much appreciated. Im 28 yr old male healthy before all this.

gozzy1000
15-07-14, 08:09
I just dont see how these symptoms can not be a brain tumor. A twitching eye on the same side as head pains. Ghosting vision on bright objects at night. Slight ear ringing and the worst a shakey uncomfortable weak feeling left forarm that tremors and shakes at the wrist.l sometimes with use. What else could all these symptoms mean. I know cts have missed many brain tumors. Perhaps it's ms or mnd. It cant be anxiery as I wasnt feeling anxious.

swanick15
15-07-14, 08:39
symptoms can happen even when not feeling anxious happens to me all the time but its those negative intrusive thoughts which cause doubt, if you still worried all I can say is see a GP.

julia
15-07-14, 13:29
Hi this may reassure you.I do hope so anyway ,I have all of your symptoms ,no I haven't had a scan ,but the symptoms come and go ,my brother Jay had known of your symptoms but at 35 yrs of age in March he passed away of a brain tumour it was diagnosed through a ct scan and none of your symptoms please take release from this move on you don't have a tumour xx

gozzy1000
15-07-14, 18:26
Oh dear im very sorry to hear that about your brother. Must have been terrible. How did he find out? Fid ypu say he had none of my symptoms? just noticed these symptoms over the last few months. Its my arm that bothers me the most really odd feeling and achy and shakey at times. Its hard to explain like a tremor when held in certain positions. I did have a ct scan but I worry it may have missed something as they have occasionally.

julia
15-07-14, 23:07
None of your symptoms ,he lost.all feeling in one arm constantly but didn't notice until he thought he was stroking his cat and the cat had moved ,the symptoms you describe aren't conducive to tumour and believe me I've since met several all with brain tumours all diagnosed via ct scan all with constant not transient symptoms your FINE
Your problem is ANXIETY XXX

---------- Post added at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 23:04 ----------

Seems to me you haven't accepted you have anxiety until you do you won't get over this go back to your Dr until you believe what he says x

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

You also say ct scans miss things occasionally , is that with your experiences or hearsay? I would say but correct me if I'm wrong Mr Google says?? And he is often very misleading xx

swanick15
16-07-14, 00:48
Hi this may reassure you.I do hope so anyway ,I have all of your symptoms ,no I haven't had a scan ,but the symptoms come and go ,my brother Jay had known of your symptoms but at 35 yrs of age in March he passed away of a brain tumour it was diagnosed through a ct scan and none of your symptoms please take release from this move on you don't have a tumour xx

I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your brother 35 years old is no age to go, my grandads wife had breast cancer which spread to her bones and its the decline you see in them that's the worst. But what you have said has made me feel better as I sometimes I have thouughts similar to this thread.

RaverNeko
18-07-14, 23:06
Hey there! I've been dealing with the same type of headaches as well as eyelid twitching for a while now. I personally found that my eyelid twitches whenever I think about (aka panic about) a brain tumor. If you had a CT scan and it came back clear, then you should be okay, :)

Edit: Also wanted to point out that my eyelid twitching was also on the same side of my head where my headache was located, so you're not alone in this boat. Eyelid twitching is such a tiny neurological thing that it really can't be used to say that you have a tumor, at least that's what my doctor said. Now if you had seizures or something, then that's another story.