PDA

View Full Version : 4head stick - poisoned?

lj-anx
13-07-14, 20:40
Hello everyone.
I've not been on here for a while as I got really well. But health anxiety is blighting me once again :(

today I've been really sick, and now I've worried myself sick.
I had a huge headache and needed relief and thought I'd try 4head (sure some of you will have used this if you're scared of taking tabs like me)

anyway I used the stick. couldn't feel it coming out and decided to test it was working with my finger. following this I ate some food (with same hand)... thought nothing of it for a while, and my headache went away and I felt a lot better.

Later on (silly me) I decided to read the leaflet that comes with. And it basically says DO NOT SWALLOW> TOXIC> RUN TO THE DOCS. which has panicked me immsensely.. as I have obviously swallowed some when it was one my finger and after eating.

Now I can't stop worrying. Have i swallowed enough for it to be TOXIC, will I die? Should I go to a&e.

Can anybody reassure me in this matter. I just need advice or comfort from others who understand the intense fear like me.

Wishing you all well.
LJx

swanick15
13-07-14, 20:48
If it was enough to kill you they wouldn't be allowed to sell it.

lj-anx
13-07-14, 21:03
Thank you for responding Aaron. I keep waiting for symptoms to appear. The way it was put in the leaflet was super scary :(.

MRS STRESS ED
13-07-14, 21:22
Hi lj anx when something is toxic it means it may be harmful ,im sure you will be fine I would think you would have to eat alot more than that and also it would normaly be long term use of something toxic ,try not to worry love xx

lj-anx
13-07-14, 21:30
Thanks Mrs S. It's such a frightening time worrying about something. Your kind words have definitely helped. TY xx

Serenity1990
13-07-14, 23:21
If dinner was McDonalds (or similar) you probably swallowed more toxic substances in the ingredients.

From the sounds of things you haven't swallowed much more than a trace of the stuff, I really wouldn't worry. If you'd been spooning it down I'm sure it may have been an issue but residue on the hand you ate with really wouldn't be. Aside from which our stomachs are generally pretty good at regurgitating things likely to cause us harm; if it's been more than an hour or so without incident I'd be pretty confident you're in the clear. :)

swanick15
14-07-14, 02:27
Thank you for responding Aaron. I keep waiting for symptoms to appear. The way it was put in the leaflet was super scary :(.

They always seem to oversell how toxic products really are I think it just in case somebody does ingest some and have a bad reaction so then you can't get compensation from them because 'you were warned'

lj-anx
14-07-14, 08:33
Thank you Serenity, you're so right, and I've woken up this morning all well so hurrah! hope everyone has a great day!

Aaron - you're right, they're just covering their backs aren't they.

thanks guys, LJ xx