PDA

View Full Version : drop out of school because anxiety help??

peter245
14-07-14, 10:41
its been a while sine my last posts.. if you wanna know about me look at my questions. i'll try to make a long story short
so i turned 16, 3 weeks ago! i have had anxiety for 3 years now untreated it was severe but i grew out of most and now its mild/moderate
i wanna drop out of school. every single day i'm drained with stress
''What if'' ''Omg i'm gonna die'' ''someone in my family will die''
these mostly occur at school now like i said my anxiety at home is better
these come with strong symptom's nausea literally feel like i'm gonna puke, sadness,mood swings, tension, lust after sadness which may be due to hormones just specifying. not sleeping long, i also have some social phobia but its ok at school. does not correlate with my (GAD) i always tell my mum always. but now my bothers think its used as an excuse that i'm just ''fat ''lazy
school is not for me....!!! i roughly get 70 days a year, I Can't go school the anxiety and worry is too high!! when i'm home i'm focusing on hobbies sure i get a little isolated but i still feel healthy!! i feel as if i'm 16 i'm nearly 18 car soon and starting to live life!! i am pretty mature in physchlogy. i just want some advice!! i been to the doctors but i quit going.. how do i leave school my mum won't listen she just wants me to attend for her money. nothing else if i say i wanna go tomy dads she won't care and let me sleep over. so why should i go school?? i came here for help. advice? thanks.

Brunette
14-07-14, 13:41
Why should you go to school?

Because pretty much anything you want to do in life will involve getting a good education.

If school is making you so anxious you need to work out why and find out what will help you cope with it whether that's speaking to a teacher, seeing a counsellor or going back to see your doctor. Perhaps you can even arrange to do some of your school work from home in the short term.

You also need to think about what you want to do when you leave. If you know what your'e aiming for in terms of a job or a profession it might help you focus on your studies.

Fishmanpa
14-07-14, 21:08
One of the best things I ever heard about staying in school was this.

"An education is formal permission to get a job" Morris Ballen

Will you find work without it? Probably.
Will it be doing something you enjoy? Probably not

That's not to say there are those that have succeeded but you limit yourself tremendously but not having an education.

This is coming from one who went to school and college and has two adult children who have gone to and currently are in college. I'm doing what I love, my son now works for Spirit Airlines and is absolutely loving life and my daughter is working on a teaching degree as it's her dream to teach young kids.

If you can end up making a living doing something you enjoy then you're better off than the majority of people who hate what they do. You need an education in order to do that IMO.

Positive thoughts