PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram & Vitamins

xXx~Jo~xXx
11-08-04, 10:00
Hi everyone!

I have just been put on citalopram 40 mg 2 days ago. Before i started taking these i was taking some vitamins daily - cod liver oil, vitamin C and evening primrose oil. Does anyone know whether im alowed to still take these? any help would be apprieciated.

Take care guys love Jo x :D

prawny
11-08-04, 10:14
hi jo

i am currently taking citalopram 20mg. i have only been taking them for 9 days but i started taking well woman vitamins at the same time. it is fine to take vitamins with medication. i think its herbal things like st johns wort that shouldnt be taken.

my doctor advised me to take evening primrose and vit b 12 for pmt.

if you look on the website there is lots of information on supplements and what they can help with.

dawn xx

jo-jo
11-08-04, 10:36
Hi Jo

I very much doubt there will be any problems taking your vitamins alongside your meds hon. I also take a vitamin B complex supplement - supposed to be very good for anxiety related conditions.

Love Jo xx

xXx~Jo~xXx
11-08-04, 10:42
Hi Dawn,

Thanks for your help, much apprieciated! :D

Take care Love Jo x

xXx~Jo~xXx
11-08-04, 10:44
Hi Jo,

Sorry just posted as you were posting! Thanks for your advice.

Take care Love Jo x

HB
02-09-04, 21:23
Yeah you can take most herbal vitamins... just dont go near st John's wort.. I was on 60mg a day and the vitamins made me feel even better.. lemme know how it goes!!!

H

PanickyPolly
02-06-06, 16:43
I'm confused can anyone help? I was told 20mg was the top dose yet iin the leaflet in the cipralex box is says 40 mg is the top dose. Anyone know what the deal is here?

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi everyone!

I have just been put on citalopram 40 mg 2 days ago. Before i started taking these i was taking some vitamins daily - cod liver oil, vitamin C and evening primrose oil. Does anyone know whether im alowed to still take these? any help would be apprieciated.

Take care guys love Jo x :D

<div align="right">Originally posted by xXx~Jo~xXx - 11 August 2004 : 11:00:34</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

emily-beth
06-08-06, 12:05
the top dose is 60mg

emily-beth