PDA

View Full Version : Bell's Palsy/Stroke fear :'((

pinkviolinist
14-07-14, 13:37
What a mess I am in.

At the start of May, I had about a month's worth of weird headaches. It was a dim pressure on my right temple, accompanied by a dim pain. I no longer get these headaches, but they sent me into such deep anxiety regarding aneurysm or brain tumor that I'm actually STILL trying to get out of that negative zone.

Then after that passed, I started feeling a very uncomfortable feeling in my right eye. It was strain I think, but I couldn't find relief in closing my eye as it felt like it was constantly at work, and just couldn't relax. That also sent me into a nasty anxiety, as I thought it was related to whatever was happening inside my head. That's passed too though.

Now I'm getting a weird sensation on my right cheekbone. It's like a little pinch. Not painful or uncomfortable, just... there. Just on my cheekbone. Like a very very cool faint touch. I sometimes have to touch it myself because it feels like there is something on my cheek, like a loose hair.

It's never constant, it comes and goes, really. But now I'm freaking out because upon looking through the symptoms online, I was introduced to a condition called Bell's Palsy, and the condition sounded very unpleasant. The images on Google also sent me into a bit of a panic, because I really really really don't want that to happen to me. I wrote about it on Yahoo! Answers, AND on another Anxiety forum and I got absolutely no answers, which is worrying me even more, so I have come to this forum hoping someone will have some answers.

I'm hesitant to go to the Doctor, although I will if people think it's serious enough to go. I just wanted to get some feedback before I decide. I want to know what this symptom sounds like to you, and if you have ever had the same thing. Actually panicking right now and could do with some reassurance. :(