PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with me???

Female healthanxiety
14-07-14, 21:38
Thank you for reading first of all.... It means a lot.

I just burst into tears as soon as I got off the bus when I found a quiet part if my road....as I've just had enough of feeling like this and not to mention the scariness. I actually nearly got off the bus today for the fear of how I felt and just felt like I needed to run away from it - as ironic as it sounds.

As some of you may know, I started a new job a few weeks ago, which is great however am not sure if I really like it at this stage yet.

I have always had a car (I know this is unhealthy) and have always been able to drive to and from work. My car has broken down and I am unable to get it fixed as it's so costly (£900+) I've only had the car a year and it's on finance which I have to pay heavily each month for, for the next 2 years.

I now have to get a long bus journey into work (approximately 40 mins) and then walk for 15 minutes to work when I get off.

A couple of weeks ago I felt so great as I'm trying to lose weight with the help of weight watchers and have lost 8lb in 3 weeks.

I felt fantastic last week but then of course anxiety does not like you feeling happy for too long and them puts a stop to it.

For the past couple of weeks I have had the following symptoms which are making me so down and really tiring me out:

1. I have a weird pressure in my right temple which a sometimes makes me jump out of my skin when I get it, it feels like (sorry if this sounds weird) but like someone is pulling the inside of my temple up or there is a wormy/nightly feeling. This at times, also feels like a pressure in my ear and face (ears are fine though otherwise).

2. When I get this head feeling I feel hot for a whole

3. I am sensitive to 'any' form of exercise. I did boxing for 10 minutes at home on Saturday, and my joints in my fingers and arms feel really weakened.

4. I have this constant numb/heavily feeling in my left arm which won't go away and is making me feel scared to even go out

5. My jaw clicks on the left when I open and close my mouth and my jaw feels like it's quite stuff (kind if like my tense shoulders and neck)

6. Today when I was on the bus I feel like I have no air, my pulse was fast and I my throat was so dry, no matter how much of my bottled water I drank.

7. My throat continuously feels like it's half of its size and that u have problems breathing, I feel like it is very shallow and feel like my nose breathing don't help.

8. On the bus today, I had what I think, was derationalisation, which is HORRID!!! it's like I was thinking if something and then I panicked and for a moment forgot whereabouts I was for a couple of seconds until I came round again

9. I suffer with ectopics and they have been driving me mad lately, all I have to do is get up it get out of the bath and there there. I hate the empty feeling and the missed beats.

I have a fear if heart attack/stroke/blood pressure and I find it so hard to deal with when I feel like this.

I only slept for 5 hours last night so wondering if that has contributed!

I really just want to get on with my life - I felt 'normal' a couple of weeks ago, when I feel like my Anxiety should have been worse, what with my new starts, job etc.

Have a holiday booked for 4 weeks time and I really don't think I can do it neither.

I am so sorry it is long but I just couldn't wait to come on and pour my heart out.

K

Carnation
15-07-14, 01:14
OK. Calm Down. You are not going Mad. Everything you have listed, I have experienced and more. You are not going to Die. You are experiencing Anxiety symptoms and Panic attacks. Your Mind is exhausted and you need to try and relax and repair it. Firstly, get as much sleep as you can, also relax on the bed; listen to some nice music and just do nothing. Learn to do some breathing exercises; you will find these on the left-hand side of the page. Take up Yoga and do the gentle exercises. DO NOT search the Web for your symptoms, this will make you worse.
You are probably shallow breathing, because you are anxious. Your throat closes up because you are panicky. The pressure/dull ache in the right-hand side of the temple is tension. Basically, it is all down to Anxiety. Have you been to a GP for Meds? I didn't take any, but If you feel you need a little help, then do so. I would also advise you to read as many threads as possible on this Site and you will get tips and advice that will help you. We are not Doctors, but we have all been through or going through exactly the same. It seems like you have a lot of pressure in your Life at the moment and you need to balance it out with some chill time and fun times if possible. But, your Mind is telling you to slow and calm down. Hope this helps you a bit?:)

Female healthanxiety
15-07-14, 07:37
Thank you for the reply....

No do not want to go on meds to be honest, I tried my meditation last week and could not relax, as soon as I drifted to sleep and jumped out my sleep!!!

Now getting ready for work and dreading the whole day ahead :-(

From the travelling to work to the being at work feeling like this and then to the long journey back.

Woke up this morning and my right temple and head feels pressurised....

So tired and look so tired, I wish I could just go back to sleep for a couple of hours....

Carnation
16-07-14, 00:17
Sleep and rest is exactly what you do need at the moment. The right temple pressure is tension, I know, because I had exactly the same thing. That's why you need to take some time out and try and relax the Mind. The problems will always be there in Life and you need to find some how to chill when you are not working.

mary3
16-07-14, 11:09
Hi your symptoms sound like classic anxiety and anxiety attacks. I'm not surprised you are stressed out what with a new job and those car troubles. When I'm stressed out my anxiety can be bad but I've been lucky enough to have some what recovered, I honestly think the most important part of my recovery was reading a book called 'self help for your nerves' by dr Claire weekes. Yes it is a bit out dated but the basics are there. There's no short term cure, it takes time but you can feel better. X

Female healthanxiety
16-07-14, 11:44
Hi Mary,

thank you for your reply!

So u think it's the stress?!

I know what you mean about that - sometimes I can take on the world and not have anxiety, and then little things may happen and its bad - let's hope it is anxiety and I am not ill :-(

I have her book - I must read it until the end! - thanks Mary :bighug1:

Hope your OK? X

mary3
16-07-14, 11:54
I really do think your symptoms are anxiety, it all sounds like tension to me. Do you clench your jaw a lot? I swear I have had your symptoms and they get worse when I'm stressed but certain things like that book has helped. I'm good at the moment thank you although as per a worried/anxious person I always seem to be waiting for something negative to come along!! I learnt to embrace the panicky feelings, like she says in the book, just acknowledge it's presence and also remember it won't kill you! Have you tried things like rescue rememedy? A couple of drops of that on the bus in the morning might help with the journey a bit xx

Female healthanxiety
16-07-14, 12:04
Mary,

it is funny you say that - not that I have ever realised - but for the past few weeks, have had what I can only describe as a clicking jaw - my jaw feels heavy and I have notices at times I do clench my jaw (I have also noticed that I have face twitches (almost like my face is too tight) it is scary........... I had some last night after eating..

Awwww well at least you come on here and give your support - it makes you feel better helping others - if only we could help ourselves!

I am a BIG fan of holistic things - done yoga, meditation, walking meditation, herbal supplements, the lot!!!

Have also started an anatomy and physology with homeopathic course so I can help people hopefully!

Thanks - I may get some of the drops from boots - I think thats what I had when I went on a plane last year - tasted a bit like alcohol - I much prefer the real thing!!!

x

mary3
16-07-14, 12:07
Sorry I have to rush off to work but just wanted to say that TMJ could explain a lot of your symptoms, look on this site for other people with it, it's nothing to worry about is basically clenching your jaw a lot and it makes your jaw sore and muscles tight. I do it so much and I'm my sleep that I have an imprint of my teeth on my tongue! X

Peronel
16-07-14, 13:24
+1 for TMJ. I'm a jaw clencher as well and I'm working on noticing when I do this and reducing it. I find that I do it more at work at my desk, or in unfamiliar situations. It causes all sorts of pressure in my sinuses and because I also tend to sit with tensed shoulders, I have neck, shoulder and back strain as well.

I have found a few good youtube videos on exercises you can do to relieve the tension in your jaw, you might have to look around before you find one you like.

Female healthanxiety
16-07-14, 14:13
Wow - just read this: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/temporomandibular-joint-disorder/Pages/Introduction.aspx

and sounds very likening!

My DR is going to think I am crazy now what with another self diagnosis!

The jaw don't bother me that much, even though I have it all day, worse when I am tensed up - it's more the physical symptoms of the anxiety...

I am going to look into this however - as it maybe contributing towards the headaches etc

xxxxxx