PDA

View Full Version : Problems with taking tablets and any medication

susieash
14-07-14, 22:12
Hi everyone, I haven't posted on here for a while, I've been mostly ok for a while (had GAD/swallowing phobia/health anxiety and few other issues for last 6 years had CBT for a while which finished earlier this year) Anyway I suffer with endometriosis (last 15 years) and Meniere's Disease (about 2 years) and have reached breaking point with both of these illnesses and feel like I can't go on anymore with them. Have been to see GP and Consultant for both and been told I need a hysterectomy which will bring on the menopause and medication to control the Meniere's. I have health anxiety still (brought on by a scary birth experience, my son was 8 weeks premature) and the thought of injections, swallowing tablets, side effects and an operation fill me will dread. I don't know how to overcome my issues in order to take the tablets and have the op. I'm so stuck. Any advice would be really appreciated, my therapist was great but I've been discharged now and she says I have all the tools I need.
Thanks for reading,
Susie xxxxx

jacobean
18-07-14, 19:28
hey Suzy.

I also have a very big fear of medication! I am terrified of pills, even popping a paracatemol. It's a horrible thing to deal with when you NEED to take those pills, isn't it? I hope you are feeling a little less scared?