PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumour fears again :(

stressedmamof3
15-07-14, 00:20
So it's been 2 year since my first episode of brain fears took over my life , cat scan in jan 2013 proved nothing was there.

Since then iv had little episodes of health anxiety related to different things .

Now my brain fear is back and has turned me into a nervous wreck within a few days.

I havnt been getting headaches by this time round.my symptoms are as follows..

Very very feint smell of what smells like cigarette smoke, however only in my lounge.

Head twinges every so often in left head

When I came to bed earlier I was leaning on my right arm and started getting pins and needles, which lasted for ages, yes there maybe a plausible explanation for the pins and needles but I'm scared all the same. The pins and needles are still there now but only mildly.

I dozed off before and awoke with a fright after a weird dream and now have mild numbness and tingling in the tip of my tounge, really never experienced this before, I will say that half an hour before coming to bed ,I tried a new mouthwash, but it was the same brand I always use just milder flavour.

I am now going out of my mind and feel history is repeating itself :(

Would a scan 18month ago still be valid now?

I can't go on Like last time, I made myself really I'll mentally :weep: and with 3children to look after, this isn't ideal.

KeeKee
15-07-14, 00:24
Yes I'm almost certain that scan will still be valid. I get pins and needles after about a minute of leaning on either arm and even when sitting on the toilet. I was told by my doctor that although unusual (not common) it is nothing to worry about.
I know how hard it is having children to look after when you feel like crap, I have a 7 year old and her life has been a joke due to my anxiety and depression. She never gets to go anywhere or anything.
you'll be fine, good luck :-)

stressedmamof3
15-07-14, 00:34
Awwww, my oldest daughter is nearly 7 :)
My HA comes in fits and starts I may be like this for a few days then I snap out of it, I just admit things are getting better for me mentally, because I have had several big episodes of Ha in the last few year to do with brain,breast,ovaries,cervix,pancreas,kidneys and I have had various test done which have turned out to be fine.
However what turned out as a bad back and ended up with my going to the walkin in centre as it was pretty bad, has ended up with me (at first) being urgently reffered within 2 weeks to urology as they found microscopic blood in my urine, I was absolutely petrified, this then got blown way out of proportion and I got put on a normal outpatient list for urology as I'm only 31 and deemed too young for it to be anything sinister, I had ultrasound and xray,b both fine, I am now awaiting for a bladder camera. All of this picked up because I had pulled a muscle in my back which was totally unrelated to the blood in pee situation.

Fishmanpa
15-07-14, 00:38
Everything you're speaking of is in the symptoms link on the left of the page. If there was something going on, it would have been detected with the scan. The pins and needles are blatantly obvious...

Have you sought help with your fears and anxiety? Some tools to help you deal with them would prove helpful.

Positive thoughts

stressedmamof3
15-07-14, 00:46
I find cbt does nothing for me and I don't want to rely on medication, I tend just to ride these stages out.

Obviously just a bit panicked as to why I woke u with a tingly tounge.

Fishmanpa
15-07-14, 01:47
I find cbt does nothing for me and I don't want to rely on medication, I tend just to ride these stages out.

Obviously just a bit panicked as to why I woke u with a tingly tounge.

You have to "want" CBT to work. You get out of it what you put into it. It's not a cure, it's a tool to help you heal.

Positive thoughts