PDA

View Full Version : Horrible head feelings all day

ptiscool
15-07-14, 14:33
Hi all.

I am getting horrible head sensations and feelings all day long, everyday. They tend to vary, but are all horrible and I feel as though there is something wrong with my brain as it always feels strange and horrible in different ways and I feel very disorientated. These feelings happen from the moment I get up till I go to bed.

I have been assured by my neurologist that there is no physical cause for these sensations but they are ruining my life as I have them all the time and they vary in intensity and my head never feels normal. Sometimes I cry just out of desperation.

Sometimes I feel like I need to go to the hospital again, as these head problems have not improved

I have recently been in hospital and had an MRI of my head and spine and all was fine. However I still feel something is seriously wrong with my head.

I have recently started Quetiapine and I have increased the dose according to my doctors instructions and I am taking 150mg currently.

Thus I was just wondering whether anyone else has these symptoms and how do they cope with them ?

Kind Regards,

Paul

Down and out
16-07-14, 13:13
Hi , I get this feeling for most of my days and have done for a while I am also on same med as you but 100 mg , am starting to loose hope of ever feeling normal again and getting very worried now .

I feel I am loosing control only life and just want the feeling to go away :(

mandie
18-07-14, 01:20
Hi

I suffer with horrible head senstations. I get lite headed, disorientated, brain zaps, and my head just doesn't feel right.

mandie x

JITTERBUG1
18-07-14, 03:20
I get a lot of weird head sensations. They can be quite scary. I believe a lot of them are cause by tight muscles in the neck, plus I think I tend to hold my breath when anxious. Chiropractor and massage used to help me, but I don't have the extra money for it anymore. Take care, Tiff

Mrs Panda
18-07-14, 06:31
Hi....same here. I was so scared of this feeling and often felt like someone had swapped my head with someone else's ..... Like it wasn't my own head anymore. I've just started reading a book called 'At Last A Life' by Paul David which explains this symptom as the result of an exhausted brain (from constant worry and struggle with anxiety). It makes so much sense now....and such a relief to know I'm not going crazy! Also, I noticed that some meds can make my head feel foggy and strange. I have been off them for almost a month now and have noticed that the mental fog has lifted. Still struggling with anxiety but trying something herbal now. Don't despair....the feeling won't last forever! :)