PDA

View Full Version : please help me

spennock
15-07-14, 15:57
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right forum or not...sorry in advance. I'm at my end. I'm feeling like I can't go on much longer. I just want to escape. Not to harm myself but run away so no one can find me. I just started week 3 of Prozac 20 mg. I'm having hours of sleeplessness and sheer panic. The main thing on my mind is that I want to get away from my fiance. It feels too overwhelming. Like I can't handle being with him anymore. He's not abusive. He has some things he needs to work on but overall he is a kind person and very supportive. The last year has been rough on us and I have just started feeling over the last week that maybe I don't love him anymore and need out. My question is, is the Prozac starting to work and I'm seeing what I need to do in order to be happy? Or is the Prozac side effects wearing on me and I'm just going crazy?!? Please help. :(

Ruby13
15-07-14, 16:54
Hello spennock, first of all, here is a hug for you ((( hug )))

I am convinced you are not going crazy at all. Not sure what to say that may help you. Can you explain to your fiancé how you feel, about being overwhelmed. Not sure what side effects can happen with Prozac, but maybe a chat with your doctor would help you.

If you need time out, just let someone else know, or they would be frantic, wondering where you were. Have you a girlfriend you can stay with?

I am sure others on the forum will have better words than me, to help you. Hugs again.

spennock
15-07-14, 17:47
Thank you, I needed a hug. :) I will speak to my fiance about wjat is going on. I also have a therapist appointment tomorrow. Just feeling like a terrible failure. I'm thinking and hoping that this is a side effect that will go away.

betterdays
15-07-14, 17:55
Hi (again) Spennock,
I will say this, my first 4-5 weeks on prozac put me in a very negative mental state. Nothing was good, nothing would work and nothing would ever get better, or so it seemed. This is not the first time I've been depressed. I have made some very poor decisions while depressed and have promised myself to never make a critical decision again while in that state. Just my 2 cents worth!

Annie0904
15-07-14, 18:16
Prozac did not work for me, it made me feel very negative and I did nothing but cry. I had to change to another anti depressant (not SSRI).
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Ruby13
15-07-14, 18:17
It is good that you have a therapist appointment tomorrow, let it all out. You are not a failure, although I know where you are coming from, for our mind tells us otherwise.