PDA

View Full Version : Ache in Upper Chest Area/ Sharp Pains that Radiate at Random Times/

Distruge
16-07-14, 07:47
It all started about 72 hours ago, on the very left of my chest right under where my armpit would be I got this very dull aching feeling and I did some Google searches (worst idea) and thus started to have some anxiety eventually I just fell asleep however. I woke up the next day and the same dull ache but about an hour or so I got this sharp pain that lasted a second I had around 4-8 more during the day at random points but around the final ones it would radiate to my jaw or make a sudden feeling like I had to itch a point on my back, my anxiety got worst during the night as I felt more worried that these could be Heart Attack symptoms but the dull ache would sometimes switch sides under the armpits and radiate down the arm during the sudden sharp spikes of pain and thought thats usually a turn-off for a heart attack. Now I wake up the 3rd day and I have a mild headache but I was late awake at night and had to wake up early and got up pretty fast which sometimes gives me the dull headaches but I do notice one thing, the dull ache is considerably gone for longer times and I'm having less sudden sharp spikes of the pain but I still feel the spikes hitting my jaw sometimes even when there not occurring..

I'm heavily confused about this at this point I get a better feeling it's not a heart attack but I want to put my mind at ease, I will likely head to the Doctors the next morn, I have no fear of death but I defiantly don't like to just wait in a painful and confusing situation.

Mrs Panda
16-07-14, 08:57
Hi...this kind of thing happens to me frequently and just like you my first thought is that there is a problem with my heart. I have had my heart checked, perhaps you could too just to put your mind at ease. The other thing I discovered is that a lot of those types of pains in the neck, shoulder, arm, chest and back can be related to tense muscles, either from anxiety, sleeping crookedly, having a crappy pillow, etc. Last week I went to get a chiropractic adjustment and I could not believe how much everything in my upper body just loosened up! And those annoying pains disappeared too. You could try a remedial massage if chiro is not for you (not everyone likes to get their back/neck cracked). I hope this helps to ease your worries a bit. Let me know how you get on. Best of health to you :)