PDA

View Full Version : does coming on here make me loose hope

trish1955
16-07-14, 09:06
By that I mean whether its h.a panic attack g.a.d wich ever you suffer you read were people on meds had therapy and say they lived OK and BanG thy back here having meds upped and god knows what bearing in mind they already had therapy I don't get it can we ever live normally for rest of lives we we have thought to have combated all how probs I ave had so much diffrent therapy in forty years tried the odd med wen I was you g and not afraid of them they didn't change my thinkngI am going to die every day which is a thought that's stopped me living a normal life its robbed me of so much so were do I go from here I am in process of CBT for second time didn't work first to e so no it not going to work.they want me to try sertalne wat ever its. Called feeling so low

anthrokid
20-07-14, 01:03
Yes, you can live normally and you can recover. Sometimes it does feel hopeless, but many people recover and live without panic and anxiety afterwards. I suffered from panic disorder and PTSD for a few years - with support, therapy and medication (and a lot of hard work) I recovered and am now panic free. I'm actually in the process of completing my training to be a clinical psychologist. I just stick around here to support others and provide insight from a therapist point of view.

trish1955
22-07-14, 12:12
Hi thank you so much I am at rock bottom and was looking for as much positive of getting g some kind life back I ave suffered over forty years I say I ave survived etc e very day not ,lived as most my life as been consumed by. panic. Anxiety abrapho is now depression to top it mine began wen I 12yr oldI became afraid of dyiing it WS in 60s never heard of anxiety panic and that so Was sent off to get on with it how I struggled doctor now given Me sertaline s aired if meds but need to try as never been this low thanks again for your reply xxx

Carnation
22-07-14, 23:39
There is hope Trish, I am miles better than I was 4 months ago; when my Anxiety peaked to the point of almost no life at all. What I didn't know was that I was suffering for many months before it got to it's peak.
I didn't take any Meds, I did have; and are still having Therapy. Maybe you have not found a click with your Therapists; do keep trying. Maybe there is an underlying issue that has not come to the surface yet?
Have you tried Massage Therapy? I am talking 'Mind, Body, Spirit'. If you haven't, give it a try. I found it brilliant.
I wouldn't say I was cured. I have a Lifetime of Trauma to repair, but you have to stay positive and I am sure Members on here will give you all the support you need. :)