PDA

View Full Version : Generally...how long do withdrawal symptoms last?

xrachykinsx
16-07-14, 09:16
I know it differs from person to person and depends on medication but I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance in general :)

I tapered down over about 4weeks and have been 4days off. I'm experiencing cold symptoms, anxiety. I feel much better equipped to cope with this anxiety and generally...I've had worse times... But I felt soooo good as I tapered down so really trying to keep the mindset that like other phases. I will come out the other side again. I'm back at work now and that's really been the biggest and best treatment so far. I guess I'm slightly disheartened by the anxiety. I'm sure it's withdrawal mixed with some normal anxiety about stopping.

nomorepanic
16-07-14, 11:03
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

KeeKee
16-07-14, 14:50
I have been lucky as I have been med free for 10 weeks and had no noticeable withdrawal. You never know if you convince yourself you will get no withdrawal (Like I did), you may very well not :-)

on the downside though, I was on PaxilProgress and most people there seem convinced the withdrawal can come anytime within the first few months and last years!!

xrachykinsx
16-07-14, 18:06
I was pretty confident I'd be fine as well though. I felt so good as I tapered down. I don't feel awful right now...let's get that straight...just have some anxiety lingering but whether its withdrawal or just general anxiety about stopping...I don't know. Hoping I push through and finally breathe a sigh of relief and can wave goodbye to this stage of my life :)