PDA

View Full Version : Did I have an angina episode today?

Junot
16-07-14, 13:06
This morning, while I was jogging, I started feeling dizziness, nausea, bloated stomach and an urgency to evacuate. Like they use to say, I tried to ignore these symptoms, focus on the music I was listening to, breathe in and out and count to ten, and I even took a benzo to help to calm me down. USELESS! On the way back home a persistent but mild pain around the tip of my sternum along with palpitations seized me.

Now think with me. If our heart is beating faster and pounding stronger, the more oxygen its muscle needs. When we are under anxiety or panic we don't breathe normally, so the less oxygen we get. So, for all purposes, our heart is under heavy stress and the pain might be due to a transient angina crisis due to ischemia, even if our heart is perfectly healthy - or am I totally wrong???

This said, how is it that anxiety and panic doesn't harm us and isn't a life-threatening condition? It seems illogical to me. I felt my heart suffering and I wonder what could have happened had I ignored the symptoms and had I continued jogging... Probably I would be dead by now?

edwardthebear
16-07-14, 13:45
Hi, You have to remember that the heart receives Oxygen in the form of Oxygenated blood. If your blood circulation and Cardiovascular health are satisfactory then the muscle of the heart will not be starved of Oxygen simply by not breathing normally in for instance the case of a panic attack.
Anxiety and Panic on their own have never killed anyone, but admittedly they can make things hellish unpleasant from time to time. Best wishes.

Female healthanxiety
16-07-14, 14:10
No....

I get like this...sounds a lot like panic and anxiety.

Carry on and don't let this put you off........x your body does weird things when you exercise - but all good really x