PDA

View Full Version : really bad anxiety this week

swgrl09
16-07-14, 15:57
Let me start by saying it's that time of the month so I know that is part of the problem. But my anxiety is awful week.

I'm terrified by a lump that is most likely a hemorrhoid. I'm also terrified because one eye keeps feeling heavy for no reason. I have a doctor's appointment Friday because I can't keep this up.

I'm trying to decide this is a blip or if I have really lost it this time. I almost didn't go work today, but had to and I feel awful physically and mentally. I have eight hours of work left. I just to hide. My husband is being wonderful and said to just wait it out and out will pass. I'm so miserable and wish I could go home.

Blips suck.

Deepthinker
16-07-14, 16:17
:hugs: so sorry you are having such a rough time right now. i can tell you for sure that you are not losing it. that feeling is just coming from the stress of worrying. the lump probably is a hemorrhoid. try not to worry too much about the heavy eye feeling. sometimes that can be from stress or worry and will get better with some rest. it is good to hear that you have great support from your husband. i do as well, but many do not. i feel so blessed. hope you are feeling better soon!

swgrl09
16-07-14, 16:27
Thanks. I keep telling myself is allergies or stress. I hope you're right. I just hate feeling this anxious.

Deepthinker
16-07-14, 16:45
you're welcome! my cycle often brings extra anxiety and even low mood/depression. our hormones do so many strange things to our bodies. a friend on here, busymom12, recommended the supplement L-theanine during my cycle. she used it for several months with great success until she just felt so much better she didn't need it anymore. i haven't tried it, yet, but the past two times i've had my period i have wished i had it. if you are interested, i have more info about it. :)

elysemarie123
16-07-14, 17:51
I totally agree with Deepthinker. When it is that time of the month I just feel awful. Every little thing sets me off. And some months it is 10X worse than other months. We just need to keep telling ourselves that it is 100% normal and all of these symptoms will go away in a week or so. I just finished my cycle a couple days ago and already feel so much better.

It always amazes me how much my period makes me anxious but it also helps me keep it in perspective.

Good luck!

Deepthinker
16-07-14, 18:10
so very true, elysemarie! :)

cpe1978
16-07-14, 19:26
I think your husband sounds like a very wise man :)

swgrl09
16-07-14, 20:41
Thanks so much for the support! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels honestly like a crazy person during this week. I've never heard of that supplement before. I'll have to look into it. Do you just take it during the period week?

Halfway through my work day... getting there...

Deepthinker
16-07-14, 21:18
swgrl09, busymom12 said she took the L-theanine for anxiety while on her cycle. she ordered it from swansonvitamins in the 100mg dose. she said it helped her tremendously.

Carnation
16-07-14, 21:19
Hi, my Anxiety has also been awful this week. Don't know what is happening to me. I am normally quite good at controlling it. Maybe it is the atmosphere? Don't know, but I seem to have lost control.:ohmy:

Deepthinker
16-07-14, 21:25
carnation, so many things can bring on the anxiety and depression. it could be hormones, stress, worry, bad weather, diet, etc. just remember that it won't last forever. hang in there and you will have it under control again, soon. :hugs:

swgrl09
17-07-14, 01:06
Thank you, that's so helpful. I just looked at it online and it seems it's derived from Green Tea. I may give it a try. I do feel better that others can relate to feeling like this.

Carnation, I'm sorry you are feeling like this too. Deepthinker is right. Everything can cause a blip like this.

I'm feeling a little more together tonight. I tried some eye drops and my eyes feel a little better. Maybe they are getting dried out going in and out of air conditioning and staring at a computer doing all my notes for work. I canceled my last appointment and came home an hour early. Now my husband is making me dinner and bought me some gummy bears just because. I am lucky, but I find myself wondering when he will wake up and look at me and just think "Why am I putting up with this still?" I told him that and he said that was a stupid thing to think.

I'm supposed to spend the weekend at the beach this weekend so I am hoping my doctor's appointment is quick and easy and I will feel more like myself by Saturday.

Carnation
17-07-14, 01:53
Swgrl09, he puts up with it because he cares.
Highly recommend the Green Tea. :)

swgrl09
17-07-14, 14:20
Feeling a little better this morning. Still a bit nervous about my doctor's appointment tomorrow, but it is what it is. It seems the bump is smaller in the morning and bigger by the end of the day. Odd.

Carnation
17-07-14, 14:28
It's good that you are going, otherwise your Mind will never be rested. Let us know how you get on.:)

Thank you DeepThinker for your kind words, I was only thinking myself I was tired, hungry, very hot and had a stressful week. That's my problem though, I do too much Thinking!:ohmy:

Deepthinker
17-07-14, 20:06
carnation, you are very welcome and i am the same way, i do way too much thinking!:blush:

swgrl09
18-07-14, 14:33
Today is the day of my appointment ... 3:30 PM, so I've got like 6 more hours. I'm going after work (my last day at this awful job!!!) Then after, I have booked a massage to decompress.

I feel less anxious than earlier this week, but still nervous. I am almost embarrassed to ask about my heavy eye feeling. It only happens like once or twice a day for 10 seconds, but when it does, it triggers me all over again. I'm almost sure it's eye strain (been reading a lot on the computer for work and reading books), stress, fatigue, and my allergies have been acting up a lot lately - I can feel it in my sinuses. But there's that 1% chance that it's not. Maybe I'll just say all that exactly to her.

This week has me wondering if I need to be back on meds again. I really don't want to be back on meds. Yes, the lexapro worked, but I was also depressed back then because of my mom dying and some other traumas that happened to me so I really went on it for the depression - that it helped my anxiety too was just an unexpected perk. It made me constipated a lot and I was also sweating a lot on it so I don't know. If I have hemorrhoids (probably from that time on the med) then I don't want to be on something that will make me constipated again. I think it also blunted my emotions a bit. Once I felt better and not depressed, I kind of just stayed in the middle and wasn't extremely happy either.

I also am trying to tell myself I shouldn't judge my anxiety based on a blip that happened during my period. The last time it was this bad was my last period. Maybe I can talk to her about just skipping the period week all together and staying on the pill constantly... I don't know.

I don't even know if she has enough time to talk to me about those things! I just hope I don't chicken out. I want to be able to relax this weekend. I am going to the beach with my husband, dad, sister, and nephew and want to really enjoy it.

Anyway, just kind of getting my thoughts out. Thanks for listening (or reading I guess makes more sense lol)

Deepthinker
18-07-14, 16:32
:hugs: hugs to you swgrl09! Don't be afraid to share all of throse things with your doc. That's what she's there for. None of your symptoms sound strange or weird. I believe she has heard stranger things than tired eyes and period problems. She can help put your mind at ease. I will be thinking of you today and hoping your appt goes well. :)

swgrl09
18-07-14, 18:47
Thanks, you're right. I can get through this! Hour and a half to go... Can't wait to be getting my massage after and have this over with.

Deepthinker
18-07-14, 21:15
Oh, what a great idea to schedule something to look forward to right after something you are dreading! I'm gonna do that next time! Have a great massage! :D

swgrl09
18-07-14, 21:49
Thanks for your support everybody. So it is a hemorrhoid. She gave me a prescription for a stronger cream, but said if it's not bothering me to not worry. Also turns out I have a sinus infection, as I felt crappy this morning and had a fever when I was there. She seemed to think the eye heaviness was from that. It's definitely gotten worse today so she must be right.

So I have some antibiotics to pick up and a nose spray and will go from there.

Then sleep!! I have to feel better for my trip tomorrow.

luc
18-07-14, 21:55
Enjoy the beach:hugs:

Fishmanpa
18-07-14, 21:58
So you've been diagnosed as snotty and a pain in the @$$? :D Hopefully Aunt Flo will have finished her visit in time for the beach!

Well at least you know it's not serious. Get some rest and have a good time on your trip!

Positive thoughts

Toconfused
18-07-14, 22:11
Sorry to hear that your having a bad week :( I know how it feels I have had a really bad couple of month and it just now getting a tiny bit better. I too feel like my eyes are really heavy and I have pressure headaches, right now I am in bed because of it and feeling like crap. I can't get my minds of the what ifs and it scares me which then sends me into a panic attack. All I want to do it turn to clorazapam which is a nerve relaxer but I know I shouldn't :( this week has been really fusterating !

swgrl09
18-07-14, 23:58
So you've been diagnosed as snotty and a pain in the @$$? :D Hopefully Aunt Flo will have finished her visit in time for the beach!

Well at least you know it's not serious. Get some rest and have a good time on your trip!

Positive thoughts

HAHA! Yep, basically.

Thanks everybody for the well-wishes. I am hoping to enjoy the beach too!

Just got back from my massage too, which was a good way to start the weekend.

---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

Sorry to hear that your having a bad week :( I know how it feels I have had a really bad couple of month and it just now getting a tiny bit better. I too feel like my eyes are really heavy and I have pressure headaches, right now I am in bed because of it and feeling like crap. I can't get my minds of the what ifs and it scares me which then sends me into a panic attack. All I want to do it turn to clorazapam which is a nerve relaxer but I know I shouldn't :( this week has been really fusterating !

I definitely can relate. Today the headaches were so bad I had to take ibuprofin and tylenol. B/c of that time of the month, all week I didn't know if it was sinuses or that, but guess it was the sinuses today.

Can you try a neti-pot or saline rinse? My doctor actually had me pick up this nose spray, called Xlear, it's made of grapefruit extract and xylitol. I tried it and it seems to have helped the pressure a little bit.

swgrl09
22-07-14, 16:37
Just an update ... we are back and I am feeling a lot better. I think the antibiotics have helped, even with causing some stomach upset. I'm not having the eyelid issue anymore since using the Xlear nasal spray. Hemmy (hah, like i've given it a nickname) is a little better, but not anxious about it because I know what it is.

We had a nice time at the beach too. Two days were kind of bad weather, but yesterday was beautiful and now I am back home. Thank you everybody who responded for your support!