PDA

View Full Version : No effect at 150mg...should I keep increasing?

Emphyrio
17-07-14, 00:43
Hello,

I've been taking pregabalin for around 3 weeks at 75mg twice a day for severe anxiety/restlessness. However, I haven't noticed any effects - or indeed, side effects - so far. I understand that its possible to go up to 600mg a day - however, if I don't feel any effects at this low dosage, am I likely to feel any effects at higher dosages?

Does it work like diazepam whereby you can feel small doses having an effect or is is possible to have no effects at one dose and find that it starts working well at a higher dose?

SarahH
17-07-14, 08:47
I short answer... Yes to all your enquiries. I would go up the dosage. I went up to 400mgs. I now combine it with Citalopram and am taking 300mgs of pregabalin split into 3 doses a day.

sarah

Emphyrio
08-09-14, 14:19
I'm giving this medication another go - starting again on 75mg twice a day but will increase to 150mg after a week or so. Maybe even try the highest dose. I'm also taking 160mg propranolol (the max dosage indicated for anxiety, but I could probably go higher) and my 5mg citalopram, which I hope to start to taper off soon.

john61
08-09-14, 14:48
I agree with sarah.I started on a very low dose and got up to 300mgs per day which I'm still on.works best I find split up over 3 times in the day.curb my anxiety to a managable level.also on 150mgs of venlafaxine for depression

Emphyrio
08-09-14, 15:09
Thanks John. I'll give the pregabalin a proper go, increasing to 600mg a day if tolerable. I seem to have few major side effects at 150mg a day - save for some numbness in my hands.