PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety, Zoloft, and physical activity

Peterfor
17-07-14, 03:23
I'm 27 years old and I started to experience anxiety symptoms for the first time in the end of January (~6 months ago). It started with palpitations one or twice per day. I was on a business trip, so I wasn't able to see doctor right away. After I came back to the area, I scheduled an appoint with my physician and he ordered several heart tests that weren't indicative of any heart issue.

About a months later on a Monday I was sitting in the office when suddenly I started to experience shortness of breath, palpitations, dizziness, tremor. I got very scared because I never experienced anything like this before, so I called 911 and was taken to the hospital. In ER they ran a couple of tests including EKG and chest x-ray, but couldn't find anything. So they told me it was anxiety and released me from the ER. I didn't believe them because prior to the first panic I had a pretty nice weekend with my family and I was having a pretty quite day at work. Although in the end I realized that they were right, none of 3 doctors could explain me what anxiety is and make me feel comfortable. They just kept saying for many weeks that it's not gonna kill me and I should stop worrying about it. And I guess it would continue to go on for months if I didn't read a book an anxiety and panic attacks that my mom recommend.

Fast forward. From the day I got panic attach till the time when i started taking Zoloft and it started working (several months) my life was pretty miserable because I experienced panic attacks several times a day and they would start when I had important meetings or when I was around people.

Now, I've been in Zoloft a couple of months and I'm feeling much much better, no more panic attacks. Sometimes I got a feeling of anxiety, but I was lucky enough to avoid having an attack.

However, I noticed that I am in a much worse physical shape now. Before the anxiety I liked to go to concerts and to run on the street as well as hitting the gym. Now, even minor exercising (e.g. 1 mile run) would cause a headache that may last for two days and nausea. Also, being at concerts would make me completely exhausted in just 2-3 hours and I will feel pretty tired for a couple of days after that.

Please let me know if any of you have similar symptoms? Hopefully, somebody can tell me how to get better.

(It's my first post on this forum so if I did something wrote please don't be too harsh on me)