PDA

View Full Version : Cortisol?

starfire
17-07-14, 06:09
My cortisol keeps coming back borderline high, just slightly over top range. I can't decide if this is something I keep pushing for more and more and more tests to be absolutely sure it's not Cushings?? Have not had any imaging tests for tumors.

Does anyone have experience with Cortisol tests here? Doctors say it is okay, normal values. But they aren't normal they are slightly elevated. So I don't know. :(

Do you trust the doctors or keep fighting for answers?

AlexandriaUK
17-07-14, 08:50
I would say that if your Dr has said they are within normal range then they are, why do you think they would send you away with risk factors ignored.
There are clear visual symptoms that you cannot miss if your levels are in a risk area so I think you should trust the drs to do the diagnosing for you they do know best x

Serenity1990
17-07-14, 08:53
Cortisol is the stress hormone. You have anxiety.

starfire
17-07-14, 20:32
I would say that if your Dr has said they are within normal range then they are, why do you think they would send you away with risk factors ignored.
There are clear visual symptoms that you cannot miss if your levels are in a risk area so I think you should trust the drs to do the diagnosing for you they do know best x

thank you, this is helpful. I am realizing I have some pretty serious trust issues when it comes to doctor care. I need to learn to believe in them more, I suppose. But they have missed things before so I just can't stop stressing.

---------- Post added at 09:32 ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 ----------

I guess I just wonder why they are consistently high… anxiety, even low level, can cause that? Because there are times I don't even feel anxious, at least i don't think so.

NotCool
17-07-14, 21:23

This. Anxiety and stress are not always obvious and apparent. They can easily linger below the surface, or even deep inside your subconsciousness. It doesn't mean they're not there. Most anxiety happens at that subc. level, and even if you're not feeling anxious at the moment, or even for a day, two or more, it can take months of reduced anxiety level before your body goes back to a more relaxed state.