PDA

View Full Version : Last Resort :( What benefits are people like us allowed to get?

cjemc
17-07-14, 10:50
I.E. Anxiety and depression sufferers. Are we entitled to any benefits? I ask because my money is dwindling and I am finding it hard to get full time work...

nomorepanic
17-07-14, 10:59
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

KeeKee
17-07-14, 16:26
I think it depends on your circumstances. If you are unable to work you may be able to claim ESA providing your partner (if you have one) works less than 24 hours or earns less than around £113. If you are able to work JSA.

cjemc
17-07-14, 17:28
I am single. I have worked all my life but I am anxious, I retch violently if I have to do anything, I keep having issues with hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) and I am also depressed these days as well.

nomorepanic
17-07-14, 17:32
You would have to get a doctor to say you were unfit for work if you want ESA

cjemc
17-07-14, 17:55
You would have to get a doctor to say you were unfit for work if you want ESA

Hi Nicola, what would happen at a doctors appointment for this? Would they do a survey/questionnaire or simply give me a sick note?

nomorepanic
17-07-14, 18:07
Not sure as I have never claimed it but I think the DWP would have to contact the doctor once you applied for ESA to get his opinion.

KeeKee
17-07-14, 19:37
I applied for this 2 months ago you need a sick note and these should cover you for 13 weeks then you need an assessment, I haven't got that far yet but I've read a lot of people get knocked back.