PDA

View Full Version : Worried - Tooth Abscess

RyanM1994
17-07-14, 10:51
Hi All,

Recently my HA has calmed down rather a lot, compared to what it was (look at my previous posts :D).

I am now slightly worried about my abscess returning.

Before I went away on holiday (2 weeks ago today) the dentist opened up my tooth and drained the abscess that I had (I became allergic to the antibiotics so I could not take them) and the inflamation and pain went away within 3 days.

I am now worried that because it's opened up and theres still a slight lump on my gum that it will return with a vengeance.
It keeps getting slightly sore and I keep getting slight aching pains that last about 5 minutes each time.

I'm now brushing my teeth 3 times a day and using mouthwash about 4 times a day. I am also doing salt rinses during the day.

My appointment to have a root canal done is on the 31st of this month, so I still have two weeks to wait.

I'm worried that if it does come back and flare up, that it will spread into my blood stream and cause a life threatening illness.

Can anyone offer some advice or guidance?

Thank you in advance, and sorry for my constant moaning.

swanick15
17-07-14, 10:58
Sounds like the wound from where the dentist drilled to drain the abscess is healing I know that can sometimes leave small lumps and bumps and scars afterwards.

RyanM1994
17-07-14, 11:03
Hi Thanks for the response.

Do you think it is likely that the abscess will return before the 31st? I hope not.

I'm having to be sedated for the procedure also as I am scared of dentists. Now I'm scared of the sedation too :( haha. I'm messed up :D