PDA

View Full Version : Beetablocks

PAULF
11-08-04, 10:39
I went to the Doctors today, he has prescribed be beetablocks on the prescription it says proranolol hydrochloride 80mg, once a day. Has anyone had any bad experiences with these or comments about this.

Deb Izz
11-08-04, 12:20
Hi Paul,
I have Propanolol but I dont' take it daily only when I need it or when the symptoms get really bad. I have no problems at all with it. Think it only causes problems with people who suffer from asthma. Don't read the side effects in the leaflet, they're only there to cover the manufacturer against law suits!!!!!

Hope this helps,

Deb x

tara
11-08-04, 13:22
Hyia Paul, I'm Tara and I'm 29. I've had panic attacks and anixety for a number of years now but it was only last year they were diagnosed and i found out why i always felt so "strange". I've been taking propanonol now for just over a year,120mg per day and i have no side effects or anything (only when i first started taking them i got very cold hands and feet, but thats ok) Hope to speak soon Take Care Tara xxx

nomorepanic
11-08-04, 21:16
Paul

Quite a few posts about these.

Take a look at ...

Inderal/propanolol - side effects? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=352)

beta blockers! anyone advise me? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=724)

Hope they help

Nicola

PAULF
13-08-04, 09:51
Hi everyone, thanks for your replies.

Tara,

Do you feel better after taking these ie, did it stop your anxiety etc?

Paul xx

tara
13-08-04, 12:17
Hi Paul, as well as propanonol I also take citralopram. I must say that for myself the propanonol wern't as effective on their own but they do reduce the palpatations and stopped me having a full blown panic attack. I have found that the combination of the two meds work for me, but thats not to say that propanonol aren't effective on thier own as a friend of mine uses them on thier own and work fine for her. Hope this helps paul. Take care Tara x

HB
02-09-04, 21:22
Right I was on 60mg of citalopram and 80mg of propanonol and whil the citalopram really set me up the beetablockers were absolutely terrible,,,, i dont wanna put you off as im sure not everyone has the same experiences but whenever i took one, my heart would feel like it was going really really slow which i hated... how are you finding them?

H

c141re
06-09-04, 15:12
Ive had these tablets and I found them great, they reduce the symptoms so the attacks arent so bad.

x