PDA

View Full Version : I've been doing so well...

googler192
18-07-14, 10:15
For the last month or so ive been doing so well. I have been able to put my anxieties aside and enjoy being a newly graduated girl! I have a severe phobia of HIV and i am starting counselling for it on wednesday. But i also have a swollen gland in my neck that has been there for some time (approx. 6 weeks). It's movable and squishy to touch. I had blood tests about two weeks ago and they all came back 'fine' but then when i went to the dr's the other day for an unrelated issue the dr said "yes all of your bloods came back fine. Well, you had a slight low white blood cell count but that could have been due to a viral infection." This has sent me spirraling back into my phobia. I was tested for HIV at 6 weeks and the nurse reassured me that because i've had 2 negative tests that that was final and that i am clear. Should i go for another test or would they pick it up on the blood tests that they took this morning?

Really really trying to control myself and not google but its so difficult.

Cags48
19-07-14, 12:48
Even the slightest infection can affect white blood cells mild sinus infection tum infection anything I don't think you have anything to worry about I'm sure if the doctor thought it was major he would have sent you for further investigation , try to relax